|School/Department:||Quality Assurance and Accreditation|
|Type of Contract:||FTE 1.0|
|Hours of Work:||40 Hours/Week (Normally 08:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Sunday – Thursday)|
|Place of Work:||University of Kurdistan Hewlêr|
|Appointment Duration:||3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
|Application Deadline:||Application is open until the position is filled|
The University of Kurdistan Hewlêr (UKH) seeks to employ an enthusiastic and well qualified applicant to fill the position of QA&A Administrator. The role predominantly focuses on diary management and meeting facilitation but also provides a range of administrative support to the Quality Assurance and Accreditation Department in the successful implementation of the vision and strategy of the University. This will include e-mail management, management of physical resources and booking appointments. The post holder will also act as the central point of contact for general enquiries of the Department. This role would be suited to someone with high level of administration experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The QA&A Administrator, in consultation with the line-manager, will:
- Provide a high level of personal and administrative assistance to the Department.
- Administer and support discrete projects as required.
- Act as the central point of contact for the Department to manage communications with other staff members, students, the client group and all other external parties dealing with QA&A.
- Type, manage, review and draft documents, reports, minutes, correspondence, diary management, etc. in line with the University procedures and formal practices.
- Create and maintain all necessary records of the Department.
- Manage the supply of stationery and printed resources for the Department.
- Manage the physical resources of the office and arrange appropriate maintenance or renewal of equipment e.g. lT, office furniture, etc.
- Monitor and process expenses relating to the Department.
- Arrange and schedule meetings, events, telephone enquiries, presentations, receiving correspondence, and any other activities relating to the Department.
- Relate with other Offices, School Deans, the Academic and Administration Departments, and external bodies as required.
- Prioritise and circulate points of action and information to a professional standard in order to ensure these activities are managed efficiently.
- Manage own time to ensure tasks are completed within given deadlines.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of University and Schools’ policies and procedures.
- Assist in translation of documents if required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post and as requested by the line manager
- A University degree in Management, Administration or a relevant field.
- Good level of English language with excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to produce range of professional documents: briefings, minutes and reports.
- The ability to speak and write in Kurdish and Arabic will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in administrative or secretarial work is essential.
- Proven computer literacy skills, competency in MS Windows and MS Office package in particular: Word, Outlook, Access and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with a wide range of people including students, graduates, University staff and other stakeholders. A team player.
- Experience of carrying out a wide range of administrative duties to support a multi-functional team.
- Experience of servicing senior committees/meetings, event coordination and resource management.
- Experience of working in the education sector will be an advantage.
- Excellent organisational and high planning skills and accurate clerical abilities.
- Ability to coordinate events and activities effectively.
- Ability to process documentation relevant to University functions and keen eyes for details.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to [email protected] by indicating the Vacancy Title: QA&A Administrator and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at Current Vacancies on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd).
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview