This position is responsible for inspection activities regarding Earthlink processes, systems, and environment. This is to include: material check, site visits and inspections to identify and correct any defects in the services and product offerings ensuring quality control measures are developed for the products and services offered by Earthlink.
- Analyse outputs from the system and the documentation followed, ensuring quality controls are in place for data control, product and services output.
- Coordinate with QA to conduct regular check on the conformance to quality standards and quality checklists.
- Analyse the root causes of service or product quality defects and recommend corrective actions for processes or parts of the process that have concerns.
- Analyse customer returns/complaints and recommend corrective and preventive plans/actions.
- Work with the areas assigned to ensure vendor and supplier purchases process has quality standards established to avoid any equipment failure, product defects, and minimize equipment return.
- Ensure safety measures are align with HSE policy.
- Identify and correct any defects in the products and services offered.
- Implement relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business.
- Propose tools and equipment needed to resolve and improve any quality issues.
- Look at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency.
- Study the existing efficiency and effectiveness levels of these processes and make recommendations for
- Re-engineer the same basis market benchmarks and organizational strategies.
- Liaise with the Technology and operations team to ensure the smooth introduction of new products and processes and for reporting and reducing quality issues
- Inspect to ensure that products and processes comply with requirements, using established engineering techniques
- Ensure all quality data is captured.
- Examine and replace faulty and old fiber optic cables.
- Conduct timely inspections to make sure that faulty fiber optic system/device does not destabilize fiber network performance
- Inspect premises cabling and take care of the underground and underwater cabling requirements
- Keep track of the signal strength of different devices
- Ensure that processes such as splicing are performing as required.
- Executes the specific inspections on materials, equipment and construction/installation activities on site.
- Issues the relevant Quality Records and, when necessary, write and send to Quality Control Supervisor non-conformances reports.
- Checks the preparation of foundations.
- Checks the correct preparation of reinforcements.
- Monitors atmospheric conditions during pouring operations, and correct curing operations.
- Any other reasonable duties.
- ·BSc. in Civil Engineering, Telecom Engineering, or any related
- Certified Fiber Optics Technician (CFOT)
Years of Experience:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Quality Control
- Good Command of English and Arabic- Written and Spoken.
MS office Skills :
- Good computer skills and experience using spreadsheet, software tools, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Knowledge and QC Skills :
Technical knowledge of appropriate quality engineering related to ISP industry.
- Quality Control tools audit
- Demonstrated skill in formulating and implementing policies and standards to ensure accountability and compliance the policies and procedures
- Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on standards and business procedures.
- Fiber Optic Splicing Technique
- Cable Management
- Electrical Inspection
- Civil works
- Process Documentation using Visio