At Trane Technologies we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King®– create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Trane in Iraq is hiring for a Quotation Engineer Service to join our team. In this role, you will be will be working with Trane Account Managers and building owners providing estimates and quotes for HVAC service projects and agreements. Trane always focuses on a total solution to provide our customers with the most energy efficient buildings!
- Create quotes for service agreements and all quoted works in support of our Service Account Managers and Controls Service Account Managers.
- Responsible for the cost estimates consisting of materials, sub-contractors, purchased equipment, labor (start-up, service work, etc.), and other construction-related activities created by personnel to assist Account Managers in bidding on or determining price of project.
- Develops detailed scope based on Account Managers design-build scope. Creates detailed cost estimates including system sketches, scope definition, exceptions/exclusions, preliminary proposal, vendor/sub-contractor quotes, and points list.
- Responsible for the take-off and pricing of purchased equipment to ensure accuracy of quantity, size, configuration, voltage, options, etc.
- Responsible for identifying possible cost saving opportunities and/or risk items that will occur on various projects. Maintains competitive advantage by staying current with industry standards.
- Develops the scope of work for sub-contractors. Optimizes job costs by negotiating prices with vendors/sub-contractors through quotations for materials and services.
- Responsible for holding job pre-bid meeting with Account Managers to review scope, strategy, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in engineering, engineering technology or related study preferred with minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ related experience or technical certificate with five (5) years related experience;
- Working knowledge of all facets of construction including mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems, etc. preferred.
- Experience with financial and business acumen and a history of running projects on time and on budget.
- Proven experience prioritizing tasks in order to meet tight deadlines within a high paced environment with attention to detail.
- Experience working directly with building owners is a plus.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.