dnata is one of the world’s largest air services providers offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and flight catering services across five continents. We operate in 38 countries and 136 airports globally.
Ramp Agent will play a vital role in transporting Baggage/Cargo to and from various areas as directed by the Turnaround coordinator, ensuring this is done in line with safety and security regulations.
You will operate any equipment where the appropriate qualifications and licenses are held and simultaneously is expected to physically load/unload cargo/baggage from ULD’s and trollies as and when required.
In this role, you will:
· Performs walk-around checks before using each equipment trained and licensed to operate before each use
· Only operates equipment trained and licensed to operate and in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and airline requirements.
· Performs Daily Inspections in accordance with equipment allocated on a monthly basis.
· Supports the movement of equipment to and from Ground Support Equipment’s whenever required in order to support maintenance and repair requirements including TSU dumping.
· Support flights as allocated to ensure all flights are supported and in line with customer expectations including airside bussing.
· Supports Turnaround Coordinator’s on flights by ensuring all members of the team works safely at all times including when the Turnaround Coordinator is not present on the Ramp.
· Reports any faults with equipment to the Turnaround Coordinator if on a flight or Operation Controller to ensure matters are addressed as quickly as possible and any safety concerns addressed.
· Always looks out for the welfare of the team by escalating any matters that can contribute to improve the work environment.
· Leads by example on flights as one of the senior members of the team by sharing knowledge when applicable to help develop other team members.
· Maintains recurrent requirements for licensing on all equipment signed-off to operate
Qualifications & Experience
To be considered for the role, you must meet the below requirements:
· Minimum 12 years schooling (Bachelor’s or Honours will be added advantage).
· Previous aviation experience preferable.
· Driving license from home country or relevant country.
· Good understanding of spoken/written English language.
Salary & Benefits
Default text to be providedDefault text to be providedDefault text to be provided