Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Admin Officer
Country/Location: Erbil – Iraq
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
You will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective and efficient administrative activities in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
- Facilitate communication with all units of the organization and external stakeholders as relevant. Send/receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing
- Support the CP/LO by managing technical infrastructure (raise procurements requests for photocopier, telephones, etc.); arranging for equipment servicing and repairs when needed
- Provide specialized administrative transactions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages).
- Manage CRS petty cash account including maintaining documentation and financial coding processes
- Prepare transactional documents in support of general operations processes and support coordination of transaction processing (e.g. payment requests, travel authorizations, travel advances, visas, office expenses, leasing houses etc.).
- Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to general administration processes (e.g. various contact lists, staff attendance reports, Vehicle Log Sheets review, visitors’ welcome packages, etc.).
- Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities.
- Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc.
Other: Perform other duties as required by supervisor, the Head of Operations, or the Country Representative.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements: Education and Experience
- BA/BSc Degree in law, economics, Professional diploma/Certificate, or courses in Administration preferred or related field from recognized Institute.
- Three years’ experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role.
Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken Arabic, Kurdish, and English.
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable)
Key Working Relationships: Supervisory:
Internal: Erbil MQ (Management Quality) staff, especially Administration, Finance, and HR.
External: Suppliers, Lawyer, revenue authorities, customs officials, freight forwarders, transporters, and peer agencies.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- How to apply Please submit your CV as a PDF, other formats rather than PDF will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application. You can apply via the link below: https://crsiraqcareers.crs.org/job?id=212