Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
The Human Resources department is responsible for people strategy; ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of Oxfam’s human resource operations in country through management of the Oxfam human resources and implementing administrative processes, policies, procedures and systems.
The purpose of the Human Resources team is to maintain a fair, equitable and positive work environment for all employees in support of the values and goals of Oxfam in Iraq. In pursuit of this HR Team undertakes to:
Provide professional HR consultation to the Country Programme regarding staffing, organizational effectiveness, training and development, reward and benefits compensation, social justice, equality and related practices
Recruit and hire the most qualified employees by supporting and advising recruiting managers in relation to:
- Actual staffing needs
- Ensuring an effective review process
- Identifying the best and most cost-effective recruitment sources
- Providing a professional interface for prospective employees
- Conducting thorough reference checks
- Establish, administer, and communicate sound policies and practices that treat employees with dignity and equality while maintaining compliance with applicable law, policy and regulation
|Anbar with frequest travel to Northwest governorates
|As per Oxfam Salary Scale
Hours of work:
. 40 hours per week.
|This role reports to:
|Area Manager Northwest
|All successful candidates will be screened through Refinitiv World-Check One to comply with counter terrorism and financial sanctions regulations.
- Support all recruitment processes (Job posting, Longlisting, Selection process, Offering, screening, contracting, onboarding and Inductions).
- Prepare Offers & contract, secure references, facilitate security background check and pre-employment medical check-up process for staff.
- scheduling induction for new joiners and ensure that induction meetings are done timely and induction checklist is updated, signed and filed in personal file.
- Manages and maintains staff leave, R&R, time sheets and attendance schedules. And ensures that absence is proactively managed.
- Support in ensuring that employee medical records are up to date and that arrangements are facilitated if necessary, for any medical treatment that is required.
- Manages relations with medical service providers, monitors medical expenses and ensures medical staff records are handled and kept in a confidential manner
- To collect objectives and performance reviews, and Share performance review report with country HR Team as required.
- Support line managers and teams on processes relating to performance management.
- Ensure file management is properly done digitally and electronically.
- Enter staff medicals HR system and run reports for medicals on weekly basis.
- Update GOLD completely, timely and accurately regularly.
- Ensure GOLD reports are provided whenever needed.
- Ensure that gender and diversity is mainstreamed through all HR and administration work.
- To take up any other responsibility that may be assigned by the line manager.
Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related fields.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Exposure to Iraqi labour law and employment equity regulations.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Good written and spoken English, Arabic skills.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies.
- Flexibility & adaptability.
- Pleasant and courteous personality.
- Efficient and organized.
- Possesses initiative, patience, tact, and able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to work under pressure and in insecure areas.
- Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Oxfam.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible
- How to apply As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
- Job Reference Re-advertised HR Assistant Northwest (INT10124)