Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women, and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
Oxfam In Iraq
Oxfam’s programme has been established in 2014 in response to the ISIS conflict in Iraq. Oxfam implemented activities during the past few years was built around the delivery of 3 main areas: A) Lifesaving humanitarian assistance b) Recovery assistance, and C) Promotion of Women Rights.
In order to serve these three objectives, Oxfam work aimed to integrate the following key sectors together for every intervention in a given location:
- Water Sanitation and Hygiene
- Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods
- Non-food-Items and Shelter
- Protection of lives and rights of civilians
- Gender Justice
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Advocacy and Media work
The Web Editor will work at the Iraq Response Innovation Lab (IRIL), which is part of the Program department of Oxfam and lead on the implementation of the Innovative projects that are being piloted within the lab. The position report to the Iraq Response Innovation Lab Manager. The Web Editor will work in close collaboration with the Digital Engagement Officer who will provide support where required in implementing the projects. The IRIL is part of a Global Response Innovation Lab (RIL) which consist of an umbrella of Innovation labs in 4 other countries. All country labs are supported by the Central Support Unit of the Global RIL.
The objective of the IRIL is to support the testing, development, and scale-up of innovations that will address locally identified challenges to improve and transform how response, early recovery, and resilience-building are carried out in Iraq. The IRIL is focusing on digital transformation and integrating digital solutions into the lab activities. These solutions will include the SRHR digital platform, IRIL social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and others), the IRIL section in the Response Innovation Lab website, and other digital solutions.
The Web Editor is responsible for the content writing, editorial work and optimal use of website channels in order to create awareness and to contribute to the growth, positioning and visibility of SRHR Platform.
In a context where securing Reproductive Health and Rights is challenging, the Masarouna “Our Pathway” program will mobilize the power of young people (YP) for collective action to support their access for greater freedom of choice and respect for their Reproductive Health and Rights. The Digital platform aims raise awareness around reproductive health and harmful practices, to promote a society where young people can develop healthily and safely.
|As Per Oxfam Salary Scale
|Contract type:||Fixed term|
Hours of work:
|40 hours per week. This is a full-time role; however, Oxfam offers various flexible arrangements which candidates can discuss with the Recruiting Manager at interview stage|
|This role reports to:||The Innovation Lab Manager
Matrix Manager: Masarouna Project Manager
|Staff reporting to this post:||N/A|
|DBS checks (for roles based in the UK):||N/A.|
|Screening checks:||All successful candidates will be screened through Refinitiv World-Check One to comply with counter terrorism and financial sanctions regulations.|
- Create, produce and manage high-quality content according to Oxfam and IRIL content quality
- Regularly check and track content for accuracy and traffic reach
- Edit, proofread and provide improvements to written content
- Coordinate and update relevant departments on content creation and translate their feedback and vision to text.
- Coordinate closely with social media editor to produce content for different channels
- Produce and present website reports (website reach, technical status and site design)
- Produce content according to the SRHR Digital Platform social media content calendar;
- Write and edit (online) text;
- Provides recommendations for improving engagement and reach on social media channels.
- Support in identifying trends, opportunities, and social media campaigns, and using this information to support partners in the optimization of online channels and platforms
- Work closely with Lab Management to identify and implement opportunities to build the IRIL online profile and reputation; increase IRIL advocacy through its digital channels and make connections with key influencers.
M&E, Communication and Reporting
- Work in close collaboration with the communication focal point and communication team to document project progress and learning.
- Periodic and timely reporting to the IRIL Management on progress/ performance
- Provide any other technical support to the IRIL team.
skills, experience and knowledge
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, linguistic, communications or other relevant departments
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a copywriting and web editing;
- A proven track record in online campaigning (audience behaviour analysis, hash tagging, design, etc.);
- Proven editorial experience in Arabic and Kurdish
- Extensive expertise in website building;
- A good understanding of the use and function of different platforms.
- High organizational skills and ability to priorities workload and meet deadlines
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft office tools (PPT, Excel, word, virtual meeting/workshops tools, ) Advanced knowledge of Excel is required.
- Strong interest in Innovations and digital solutions
- Excellent editorial judgment, able to adjust the tone of voice and style.
- Able to build a network of content contributors.
- Good understanding of SRHR topics.
- Able to design a content strategy for a young audience.
- Strong digital background.
- Creative and able to bring innovative ideas to life.
- Experience in working collaboratively in a creative team
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic, Kurdish is a must
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a plus
- Experience working with and supporting Innovation projects
- Experience working in or understanding the humanitarian context
- Experience in writing editorial work, research and content related to health is very strong asset.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible
- Required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women’s rights
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
- Salary Offer As per Oxfam Salary Scale
- How to apply As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. Application only should be WORD-PDF format. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Reference INT8647 - Web Editor