The purpose of the Iraq Governance and Performance Accountability (IGPA) project is to advance effective, accountable, and transparent governance in Iraq. This USAID effort, implemented by DAI, will work with the Government of Iraq (GOI) at all levels to better respond to citizen needs by supporting reform initiatives and Iraqi change agents on inclusive governance and public sector transparency, accountability, and economy. “Reform initiatives” include support to improve service delivery functions, public financial management, and open government initiatives. IGPA will support the GOI and the citizens of Iraq in forming partnerships and collaborative efforts to solve problems jointly. IGPA has four (4) objectives:
1. Enhance GOI service delivery capacity
2. Improve public financial management
3. Strengthen monitoring and oversight of service delivery and public expenditure
4. Support Iraqi change agents (cross-cutting objective)
The Regional Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist will support monitoring and evaluation for the project by monitoring and reporting on the monitoring and evaluation plan and progress against each activity; monitoring/facilitating sub-activities, ensures technical support to each activity area is effective and efficient.
The Regional MEL Specialist (Central) will undertake a wide range of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning related tasks and duties, including but not limited to those stipulated below:
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
The Regional MEL Specialist will report directly to the MEL Director of all and any Technical related tasks and duties related to the MEL unit and administratively to the Regional Manager in Baghdad. The Regional MEL Specialist is responsible for the below tasks:
· Monitoring on-ground and remote sessions implemented in the Area of Responsibility (AOR) and reporting on evaluation matters, including recommendations and suggestions for future activities based on the identified indicators and targets.
· This position requires traveling to monitor on-ground activities.
· Complete Monitoring Reports using prepared monitoring forms and submit to Technical Leads following protocols
· Conduct face-to-face and telephone interviews with the selected beneficiaries. Record the answers accurately and code the questionnaires accordingly.
Data Collection and Data Quality Assessments:
· Collect, process and upload data on program performance and impact, including undertaking field visits to activity sites.
· Transferring data from paper formats into computer files or database systems
· Work on Auto-Fill Application to provide the technical team with signing sheets and evaluation questionnaires.
· Make sure that TAMIS matches what the communication team sends in their weekly report
· Provide support in data cleaning and verification in the MEL Excel database and TAMIS.
· Update all the trackers on daily basis
· Collect and verify all supportive documentation
· Conduct internal Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) to test the validity and reliability of data used to measure program impact
· Assist team in designing, coordinating, and conducting project evaluations
· Assist the team in designing and conducting the Implementation Monitoring Survey (PIMS).
· Assist team in conducting Program Data Review.
· Support technical staff in designing and disseminating research studies by providing relevant input.
· Support the review of pre- and post-assessment for each training.
Reporting and Documentation:
· Ensure timely preparation of MEL related progress reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
· Provide data analysis in support with periodic reporting, success stories in collaboration with the Communications Director
· Upload supportive documentation to TAMIS
Continuous Professional Development:
· Provide technical assistance and training on tools and methodology to staff and local partners
· Enhance project team capacity on designing Monitoring and Evaluation lifecycle
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the MEL Director.
· Uphold the mission, values, and spirit of DAI in coordinating the program and interacting with all community members.
· Follow and enforce all DAI codes of conduct, including but not limited to the Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct and Drug and Alcohol Policy. Report any violations to appropriate IGPA/Takamul authority, and participate in preventative initiatives.
· Follow and enforce all DAI organizational policies, procedures, and guidelines, including but not limited to personnel, security, communications, finance, procurement, and logistics. Report any violations to the appropriate DAI authority.
· Actively seek opportunities that will complement the ability to fulfill the position’s responsibilities and further professional development, such as taking part in internal and external training and participating on relevant advisory boards.
· Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
· At least five years of progressively responsible experience in monitoring evaluation, program management, or knowledge management
· Three years of experience in a USAID MEL function with responsibility for data collection and maintenance of MEL systems in Iraq
· Substantial experience with baseline survey design, supervision, and analysis
· Experience training local partners and staff in MEL and knowledge management initiatives
· Excellent writing and organizational skills
· Experience preparing well-researched reports and correspondences in both English and Arabic (formal letters and emails).
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with institutional and private-sector partners and stakeholders in a multi-country setting
· Proficiency in database management and data analysis.
· Excellent writing, speaking, and reading skills in English and native Arabic speaker.
· Proficiency in using MS Windows OS and (web-browsers and e-calendars management).
· Familiar with using computer peripherals (scanners, printers. etc.) and other standard office equipment.
· Competent, hardworking individual who is a flexible and collaborative team player and enjoys high team spirit.
Location and Reporting:
The Regional MEL Specialist will be based in Baghdad, Iraq. The candidate will technically report to the MEL Unit Director and, administratively, to the Regional Office Manager (Baghdad).
- Address Baghdad
- How to apply You can address your application to : [email protected] Your application will not be taken into consideration if you do not insert the position title in subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. This position is for Iraqi nationals only.