AUIB as a new American University in Iraq is committed to supporting, economic and cultural development of Iraq through the development of an innovative, comprehensive and accessible higher continuing education provision, to be rolled out in the coming years. Together with College of Law, plans are already well advanced for the development of a range of health-related colleges in the university, to include Medicine, Health Technology, Pharmacy, Nursing and Dentistry all of which will be coming on stream in the next year. The existing Colleges are: Business, Arts and Science and International Studies.
We invite applications and nominations for the position of Registered Nurse.
Job description/ duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Support clinic operations under supervision and control of the clinic physician.
- Maintain documentation of each visitor procedure/ consultation and follow-up of patients, as per set protocols
- Perform initial screening of incoming calls, emails, walk-in clinic visitors to determine if they need immediate care or schedule an appointment for later, as per protocols
- Maintain medical equipment, supplies, and medications, as per protocols
- Any other assigned duties appropriate for licensed registered nurse, as per regulatory protocols
- Maintain high professional standard of care, keeping up with principles of privacy and confidentiality in dealing with consultations and medical records, in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and university mission.
Candidate must have
- Bachelor in Nursing degree, or the equivalent from an accredited institution
- Current active certification as Registered Nurse
- Certification in first aid and CPR
- At least five years of professional clinical practice, preferably in an ambulatory environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in both English and Arabic
- Considerate outlook about working with young adults
- Skilled use of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
Procedure for Candidacy:
Applications should include a cover letter addressing qualifications for the position, a curriculum vitae, current formal photo and the names and contact information for three (3) professional references, within the last three (3) years. Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please send your application with supporting documents to the email address: