1- GENERAL OBJECTIVE
Rehabilitation Officer is responsible for effective and quality-based implementation of activities and effective coordination of actions internally and with external partners as directed by project manager and PUI procedures and standards.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS
Role and Responsibilities
- S/he ensures a timely and up-to-the-standards implementation of all aspects of the rehabilitation activities as directed by Project Manager and Infrastructure Coordinator.
- S/he ensures that the implementation of activities is performed according to the approved proposal and in accordance with the rules and regulations of the donor and PUI.
- S’he monitor the quality, prices and availability of the construction items on the market.
- S/he manages a team of daily workers and operators as required within the project.
- S/he ensures high quality of documentation of project activities and results achieved.
specific objective and linked activities
- S/he is responsible for assessment, technical evaluation and elaboration of technical drawings and solutions;
- S/he draft and reviews technical drawings and specifications, and suggests improvements if necessary;
- S/he develops bill of quantities, technical drawings and other materials as requested by Project Manager/ Infrastructure Coordinator;
- S/he is responsible for surveillance of project sites to ensure planned progress and required quality of works;
- S/he oversees rehabilitation works on the selected sites along with and in close collaboration with the contracted company and/or representatives of local authorities;
- S/he conducts quality control of standard building materials and equipment used in construction;
- S/he monitor the prices of the construction items and produce accurate cost estimations;
- S/he maintains inventory records of building materials and equipment and reports their status to Project Manager;
- S/he supports Logistics Department in procurement processes in order to ensure the relevancy and quality of material purchased and services to be provided;
- S/he supports Logistics Department in identification of the materials needed in both quality and quantity;
- S/he prepares and follows-up on procurements for the project in coordination with Project Manager/ Infrastructure Coordinator;
- S/he prepares reports on performance of the generators and other equipment under his or her responsibilities
- S/he manages and assists the assigned daily workers and operators in their day-to-day work;
- S/he prepares necessary HR documentation as required by Administration Department in relation to management of the assigned daily workers and operators;
- S/he timely reports to Project Manager on any challenges, setbacks or risks that may occur providing advice on needed solutions or actions;
- S/he participates in internal and external meetings as requested by Project Manager and/or Infrastructure Coordinator;
- S/he liaises and coordinates with beneficiaries, local authorities and other external stakeholders as requested by Project Manager;
- S/he prepares work schedules, work plans, progress reports, activity reports and other written materials as requested by the Project Manager and/or Infrastructure Coordinator;
- S/he assists in drafting of final project report in accordance with donor’s requirements and rules;
- S/he ensures quality and proper storage of documentation of the project activities and results achieved;
- S/he ensures adherence to PUI’s internal procedures and regulations in all activities and actions;
- S/he ensures proper understanding and implementation of security and safety rules including usage of personal protective equipment by all teams under his or her responsibility;
- S/he remains aware of the security rules at large in PUI as well as social and political dynamics in the field at all times, and provide timely information to Project Manager;
- S/he performs other duties that may be assigned by Project Manager.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs
- How to apply In order to submit an application, all candidates are invited to fill google form Premiere Urgence will proceed to the preselection of candidates on a rolling basis and reserve the right to close the advertisement as soon as a candidate is identified for the position. Therefore, you are kindly invited to submit your application as soon as possible. Kindly note that all applications received by email or by paper will not be considered. Only those submitted through the application link will be processed. Premiere Urgence International thank you for your interest in the organization.”