The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organization, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its support operations in Iraq.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practise your profession in stimulating, complex and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can really make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- Competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, end of service indemnity, medical coverage, life insurance, mobility allowance and social security scheme).
Job Title: Restoring Family Link (RFL) Field Officer 1
Duty Station: Iraq – Najaf Sub-Delegation
Reports to: Head of tracing
Duration of Contract: One-year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open-ended contract where performance and competencies are key to be selected for further contractual continuity)
Date of Issue: 14th of April 2021
Deadline for applications: 28th of April 2021
The Restoring Family Link (RFL) Field Officer 1: will support the implementation and monitoring of ICRC Restoring Family Links (RFL) activities at the Najaf sub-delegation level, under the direct supervision of the Head of tracing.
In the field might have a network of interlocutors at local level, such as various authorities, National Society branch, families in need of RFL, under supervision of the Head of tracing.
- Assists the Head of Tracing in carrying out RFL activities within the sub-delegation Area of Responsibility (AoR);
- Follow-up of Restoring Family Link (RFL) individual files; Tracing Requests, Allegations of Arrest/Detention, Salamat, Red Cross Messages, Requests for Attestation of Detention and any other RFL activities, according to IQ RFL working procedures and under the supervision of Head of Tracing or RFL delegate;
- Follow up with the beneficiaries and/or their families on individual cases and when relevant, updates the information in the system (Prot database (Prot6));
- Conducts regular field trips within Sub-delegation AoR as required for the above-mentioned activities;
- Receives phone calls and visitors and ensures that requests are appropriately followed up;
- Undertakes filing, archiving and other administrative tasks relating to the follow up of the files under his/her responsibility;
- Contributes the collection of statistical data on the files he/she in charge of and as required by the line manager;
- May interact with a network of contacts at the local level, such as authorities, National Society and its branches, and families seeking to re-establish contact with their loved ones, under the supervision of the Head of Tracing;
- Contributes to meeting RFL objectives within the geographical remit area of responsibility (AoR) of the sub-delegation.
Education and Professional Experience required:
- High school, technical education or professional diploma;
- Fluent spoken and written English and Arabic;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Experience with humanitarian organization;
- Computer skills.
- How to apply All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Clearly marked to ([email protected]) with subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy tittle. Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq. The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period. NB: If you have not heard from us by a Month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful. No Fee: ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).