Rotating Equipment Engineer – Oil
Department / Function
Operations / Maintenance & Engineering
Responsibility for People?
5 days on / 2 days off
Outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join an exciting division of the organization. This role will have the opportunity to contribute in a positive way that will help build a sustainability future for the organization and the people of Iraq.
The Rotating Equipment Engineer will report to the Deputy Rotating Equipment Manager in the Maintenance & Engineering Department and is accountable for safe and reliable operations by ensuring compliance with the organization’s Values and Standards.
The Rotating Equipment engineer will be tasked with ownership of the organization’s rotating equipment and ensuring reliability driven improvements are made in support of production and reliability targets.
The role will also provide direct technical support to Ops and Maintenance technicians to diagnose equipment issues, requiring strong site presence.
This will be a development role with structured training provided to an already competent individual.
- Promote a culture of safety and continuous improvement.
- Ownership of equipment health and monitoring in support of achieving availability & reliability targets
- Supports Rotating Equipment Manager in developing and delivering reliability improvements to rotating equipment
- Support the execution of work in accordance with the Control of Work standards.
- Support the delivery of the Reliability and Maintenance Vision, Strategy and Priorities
- Support maintenance teams to deliver integrity improvement initiatives within assigned facilities.
- Oversee equipment overhauls and installations to ensure work is carried out to high standards
- Deliver timely, efficient and high-quality maintenance activities at DGS stations
- Coordinate with Production/Operations staff to identify/prioritize and schedule maintenance activities.
- Ensure maintenance work is identified, planned, and documented in the CMMS system.
- Maintain rotating equipment performance KPIs and act accordingly to improve performance where needed.
- Champion delivery of work management processes.
- Identify areas of improvement in safety, reliability and efficient execution of work
- Implement preventive and predictive maintenance strategies to drive long term reliability improvement
- Carry out RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis) with local staff and implement improvement actions
- Develop PMRs and spare part lists for rotating equipment in DGS stations
Criteria & Qualifications
Degree / diploma qualified mechanical engineer or equivalent work experience
Essential experience and job requirements
5 years of extensive and relevant industry experience in rotating equipment maintenance repairs, engineering, reliability or other plant experience and must have demonstrated strong leadership capabilities.
Interest in condition monitoring – able to take and analyse pump performance data, vibration readings, oil sample results, and make recommendations based on these results.
Familiar with carrying out hands-on supervision of pump overhauls.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Key skills include communication, interpersonal relationships, facilitation, influencing, and negotiating
- Ability to develop others and foster diverse relationships in a multicultural environment
- Ability to identify correct priorities of maintenance activities
- Identify and assess safety hazards
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English
- A passion and relentless drive for continuous improvement
- Strong use of IT systems (Word / Excel etc)
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience influencing operating teams and contractors
- Strong cultural awareness
- Able to prioritise work in a high activity environment
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong bias for being proactive and getting results
Demonstrate planning, organizational and communication skills
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.