Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Rotating Subject Matter Expert to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on 6/6 weeks off rotation.
The Primary purpose of this role is to advise, oversee and direct major maintenance activities at CLIENT Compressor Stations. This position requires the Rotating Equipment Subject Matter Expert to manage their own time split between compressor station – onsite major maintenance and component replacement – workshop – major component overhaul – and office – strategy and plan development and coaching of office based staff. The Rotating Equipment Subject Matter Expert will be required to adopt an holistic view of compressor package maintenance and the people, process and technology employed.
Significant site based (compressor station and workshop) work is required in this position working alongside local maintenance staff (potentially on a daily basis). Specifically, this role will be focused on Reciprocating Engine and Compressor packages.
- Annual budget –none
- Staff – none
- Deliver –
- Review, support, challenge and assure rotating equipment maintenance activities
- Support transition of maintenance from outsourced 3rd Party to in-house CLIENT Staff
- Coach CLIENT national personnel in all aspects of Reciprocating Engine and Compressor maintenance planning and execution, to provide decision making structures to ultimately nationalize the role.
This position plays a key role in supporting the CLIENT case for future development, by demonstrating successful maintenance and overhaul delivery and increased reliability/ availability.
- Provide technical expertise for rotating equipment maintenance and overhauls.
- Provide technical expertise specific to rotating equipment, where necessary, to operations, balance of plant maintenance, project design, construction, commissioning and start-up expertise.
- Provide coaching, training competence development of CLIENT employees to ensure that Iraqi personnel are trained and developed to meet existing and future work demands
- Provide reviews of compressor package maintenance and the people, process and technology employed in those activities
- Assurance of actual maintenance and operations against PMLs/ Maintenance Reference Plan
- Validate maintenance strategies/ PMLs/ Maintenance Reference Plan comply best practices, OEM recommendations, results of appropriate maintenance analyses and are providing the desired output
- Prepare CLIENT local national team for in-house maintenance of compressor packages
- Coach the full maintenance execution cycle (Identify, Prioritise, Plan, Schedule, Execute, Close Out, Review) in line with the Operations & Maintenance philosophes and Maintenance/ Integrity strategies for rotating equipment.
- Oversee overhaul activities in CLIENT workshop (3rd Party contractor and CLIENT manpower)
- Review and challenge contractor/ CLIENT reports on compressor status and work progress
- Where required lead/participate in RCAs and provide expert technical input and advice to prevent recurring failures
- Review asset data, equipment, maintenance, critical spares etc. Validation of OEM/ CLIENT and Packager item numbers
- Working with and visiting 3rd party vendors to review ongoing and planned repairs and overhauls to rotating equipment
- Numerous compressor stations spread over a wide geographical area with subtly different rotating equipment and compressors
- Drive adherence to OEM or best practice maintenance plans, transition from contractor to in-house maintenance
- Standardisation of data quality and availability, support changeover/ implementation of CMMS
- Drive greater compliance with PPE and safety standards in challenging conditions.
- Ability to work effectively with and, where necessary, integrate with different functions to support Rotating Equipment Maintenance
- Standardisation of Obtaining CS equipment maintenance information including status for daily reporting purposes
- Influence without direct authority, support the ‘right maintenance’ agenda
- Coaching of local CLIENT personnel, including senior colleagues, to improve competency development
- Resilience to the physically and mentally challenging working environment
Skills / Qualifications
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Proven Leadership in HSSE:
- Rotating Equipment Technical Certifications
- 15+ years’ experience in a gas and oil industry, minimum 5 years in supervisory position,
- Maintenance supervision experience required
- Reciprocating compressor experience essential
- Gas turbine and centrifugal compressor experience preferred
- RCA/ failure mode analyses experience required
- Good technical communication and written skills essential
- Ability to interact with members of CLIENT asset/ maintenance/ operations & contractor staff
- Capable of giving direction and guidance on maintenance activities
- Extensive knowledge of Plant Operations and Control in order to evaluate risks
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!