Safeguarding culture and awareness:
• Support in the design and delivery of safeguarding trainings in order to raise awareness of what safeguarding is and the expected behaviours of MAG personnel. This will include conducting induction training (with HR), refresher training for all staff and support to the Community Liaison (CL) teams on awareness raising with communities and other role specific training as required.
• Support the publication, dissemination and implementation of safeguarding policies, procedures and good practice.
• Act as an adviser to managers when safeguarding issues are raised or where there are concerns identified.
• Work with partner organisations to monitor safeguarding and due diligence, and provide support as required.
• Support the management of reporting mechanisms at all levels and for those who come into contact with our work (including all staff at all locations, communities (with the CL team), partners and suppliers).
• Manage reporting mechanisms such as: the safeguarding hotline and email address according to MAG guidelines; receiving concerns in a empathetic way; and identifying next steps.
• Support the safeguarding focal points in programme, provide training and ongoing support.
Implementation of safeguarding activities:
• Monitor MAG’s progress against safeguarding activities as set out in the safeguarding work plan for the Iraq Programme, the dashboard and provide support where gaps have been identified.
• Work with colleagues to identify safeguarding risks across the programme and work on ways to mitigate these risks.
Duty of care and support to staff/complainants:
• Provide proactive support to MAG staff on personal and welfare issues across the programme – this may be providing psycho social support or identifying practical support such as external professional advice.
• During an investigation, be the point of contact for the complainant or victims and to those involved in an investigation. Arrange external support as necessary.
• Be proactive about setting up relationships with external professional expertise such as statutory authorities, police, domestic violence units and women’s groups.
• Support the Safeguarding Manager in response to allegations and assist with the planning, management and support to investigations related to safeguarding.
• Act as a note taker and translator during investigations relating to safeguarding; supporting interviews and writing transcripts.
- Address Ainkawa, Erbil
- How to apply Application procedure for the position All candidates interested in applying for this position should send their updated CV, in English, to this email [email protected] The candidates who do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. All the Applicants must mention the job title (Safeguarding Coordinator) in the subject line of their email. Please make sure you chose which place that you apply for, and Applications: • with no job title in the subject line, • Sent through links and • Duplicate applications will be disqualified. MAG is an equal opportunities employer .Closing date for applications is 14th May 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Job Reference Safeguarding Coordinator - Erbil