Job Title- Safety/electrical Isolation Trainer
Department/Function- HR/Learning and Development
- The position is responsible for the delivery of a suite of core Safety training courses including Electrical Isolation training
The position reports directly to the Safety Training Team Lead and the working pattern will be 5/2
The roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with the HSE and Electrical &Instrumentation (E&I) Departments to design and deliver training courses as part of the Safety Training suite.
- Draft objectives, write trainer briefs, and produce course materials including exercises and hand-outs, learning logs, etc. in line with HSE and E&I requirements.
- Run and deliver training courses both on and off-site, ensuring all pre-course preparation is carried out effectively and efficiently, environment and facilities meet required standards, end-of-course questionnaires completed, and assessments completed as required.
- Participate in the evaluation of individual courses by providing information and basic statistics as required, writing reports, and developing an evaluation strategy.
- Attend meetings when required; provide information and reports, and undertake action rising from them.
- Keep up to date with new developments in training practice and policy.
- Undertake necessary training to ensure training and facilitation skills are to the standard required.
- Participate in ensuring that Safety initiatives are promoted efficiently and effectively, including drafting literature and making presentations.
- Carry out other training-related issues as and when directed by the supervisor.
Criteria & Qualifications
- Minimum of two years previous experience as an electrical safety training role, with specific experience in the design and delivery of training courses
- NEBOSH IGC or equivalent, Level 6 Qualifications in OH&S is preferable.
- CIPD in L&D Level 3 is desirable
- HSE-related work experience in Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience of working in an oil industry Operations environment
- BSc in Electrical Engineering
- CompEx Certification
- IEEE Membership (Desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with people at various levels in the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English & Arabic)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficient in both English and Arabic
If Interested please share your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.