General job description:
Duties include driving, maintenance of vehicle used by HEKS/EPER with a focus on safety and security measures of the passengers and the vehicle. Ensures, the pre-cautionary safety measures in accordance with Safe and Security Policy of the organization.
HEKS/EPER expects its personnel to behavior in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of HEKS/EPER and upholds in all circumstances the interests of the organization.
HEKS/EPER intervenes without any affiliation to politics, religion, or financial profit. The incumbent will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation.
Driver with vehicle required: 2
Description of Responsibilities
- Drive vehicle as scheduled:
- Driver should be available within 24 hours normal working hours between (8 – 17)
- Drive staff members and partners on office related matters/visits and to the work centers where HEKS/EPER has activities.
- Collect and deliver official documents and letters (messenger services)
- Pick up and deposit equipment, purchases etc.
- Keep the vehicle’s logbook up to date.
- Vehicle maintenance and conditions:
- Clean vehicles (inside/outside) on a regular basis
- (Re)fuel vehicles (fuel will not be paid by HEKS/EPER).
- Check oil, water, brake and clutch fluids on a daily basis, tire pressures, battery water, and overall vehicle condition on a monthly basis, test lights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
- Report suspected mechanical problems, if possible before actual problems arise
- Immediately report any involvement of the project/office vehicle in any, even minor accidents, or any damage or theft of equipment from the vehicle
- Keep the vehicle’s documents (logbook) up to date.
- Keep vehicles and car tools in a good technical condition and make small repairs.
- Keep first-aid kits in vehicle.
- Timely report necessary repairs or other need for maintenance
- Specific tasks:
- Daily update knowledge of street conditions, effective routes and locations daily using all available information (incl. actual radio news on traffic situations), exchange information with other office drivers.
- Report any incident whilst off duty that may affect his/her driving license entitlement, as well as any newly known health problems that may affect his/her ability to drive.
- Ensure that no passengers other than personnel of HEKS and of Implementing Partners are allowed on board.
- Ensure that the vehicle is not on the road between 7:00 pm and 6:00 am and that all exceptions of this rule have been approved by the Area Manager or his / her representative.
- Load/unload and set-up/dismantle equipment transported to and from the office.
- At least one year of humanitarian experience is required.
- Minimum one (2) years of experience in a relevant position.
- Reliable to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Ability to work in unstable, uncertain or potentially dangerous environments, independently and in a team.
- Strong cross-cultural communication and resilience skills.
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail, and time management.
- Ability to cope with stress, including working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Commitment to and understanding of HEKS/EPER’s vision, mission, values, and principles.
- Must be culturally and gender-sensitive both in personal interactions and communication.
- SUV/LUV in good conditions and not older than 2018 (RAV4, Tucson, etc..)
- Driving license in effect (valid in the Federal Iraq).
- Knowledge in mechanics and car maintenance is an advantage.
- Fluency in Kirkuk local languages and basics in English is required,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work and deal successfully in multi-cultural environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to go to the field, sometimes helping to translate.
- Committed, honest and eager to learn.
- Master Kirkuk, SalahEldein, and Anbar map.
- How to apply How to apply: Interested candidates should submit their Application CV and Cover Letter to the address: [email protected] Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. specifying in the e-mail subject: HEKS/IRQ23006 Only PDF applications will be considered. Please note that any late application or incomplete submission after the closure date will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Job Reference HEKS/IRQ23006