Swiss Church Aid (HEKS/EPER) is an international non-profit aid organization with headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland and works in more than 30 countries in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid. Swiss Church Aid (HEKS/EPER) country office in Iraq wants to recruit a SALAM YOUTH Project Manager for the Kirkuk office.
General job description:
HEKS/EPER will implements (SALAM YOUTH) Sustainable Actions for Life through Arts and Music with YOUTH in Iraq,
The project will aim to advocate for a paradigm shift away from youth as victims or perpetrators of violence and towards supporting youth as a force for peacebuilding. The overall objective will therefore be: – To facilitate the social integration of youth at risk of recruitment to violent extremism within governorates of Kirkuk. Salah al-din, and Anbar. The theory of change is the following:
If vulnerable youth (IDPs, returnees, secondary displaced, CAAFAGs) aged 15-24 years old have the social competency skills (around self-awareness, leadership, advocacy, conflict management, and art for peace), then youth can become peace agents within their communities; thereby supporting
social integration of marginalized youth and decreasing the risk of recruitment to violent extremism. The aim of the project will be to enable Vulnerable youth (age 15-24) attain relevant social competency skills that support social integration between returnees and host communities. This will be done through:
- Training of Art institutions staff, volunteer groups and NGO social workers to enable them gain skills in Social Competencies for Peace and become active to mitigate risk of recruitment to violent extremism and promote peace.
- Creation of Community Peace and Reintegration Teams composed of Youth from different sectarian groups
- Provide activities to Youth from different sectarian groups in detention and in the community to enable them to improve their artistic skills
- Facilitate advocacy events that promote peace and integration of all within communities
HEKS/EPER is looking for a project manager who leads the implementation of activities in Kirkuk and collaborates with the national organization implementing activities in Salah Ad-Din and Anbar.
HEKS/EPER expects its personnel to behavior in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of HEKS/EPER and upholds in all circumstances the interests of the organization.
HEKS/EPER intervenes without any affiliation to politics, religion, or financial profit. The incumbent will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation.
The SALAM YOUTH Project manager is in charge of the direct implementation and supervision of the project in three governorates. The PM is under the supervision of the HoD/DHoD.
The PM is in charge of all the program cycle management aspects under his/her responsibility, including, staff recruitment and training/coaching, needs analysis and need assessment, strategic planning, resources management, program’s logistics (To be worked in line with the Operations responsible) and budget follow up, activities implementation, development of tools, Information management and working in line with MEAL[A1] , reporting and fundraising (When requested), coordination with a range of stakeholders and representing HEKS/EPER within his/her responsibilities.
(SALAM YOUTH) Sustainable Actions for Life through Arts and Music with YOUTH Project manager will be in charge of this project (SALAM) implemented by HEKS/EPER and his partner.
A. Program Planning and Implementation:
Project cycle management
- Develop, implement, and monitor the SALAM project in the area in accordance with the proposal, grounding standards and principles.
- Lead planning and implementation of activities, develop necessary tools to support the project’s implementation.
- Ensure that activities are appropriately monitored and evaluated and propose, when deemed necessary, amendments to the strategy, in consultation with the HoD/DHoD.
- Contribute to the initial and regular assessments of the SALAM projects and activities’ impact.
- Forecast and follow up on expenditures related to the SALAM projects.
- Participate in budget revision exercises.
- Prepare timely purchase requests in line with the SALAM project needs.
- Identify logistic and admin support needs related to the projects and communicate these to the relevant Operations/Support person.
- Ensure the compliance of the activities with the internal and sector quality standards.
B. Monitoring Responsibilities:
- Lead the team in ensuring proficient information management, monitoring and evaluation and information sharing. With the supports of the MEAL staff, S/he is in charge of the management and consolidation of databases.
- In coordination with the MEAL department, s/he is tasked with principled data protection.
- In coordination with the MEAL department, s/he ensure to lead program compliance key actions, including developing, implementing, archiving of source of verification on a regular basis.
- Review the progress of the project on monthly basis through reporting on the Indicator Follow Up and reflect the analysis in modification of work-plans.
- Provides the coordination with the inputs for regular donor and internal reports.
- Report on Activity Info.
C. Capacity building:
- Prepare a capacity building plan for the staff on the basis of identified needs and opportunities. Lead or contribute to the design of appropriate training packages.
- When requested, supports capacity building on the other bases.
- Provide follow-up of the training, support supervisors in coaching and mentoring of field staff.
- Facilitate training for key stakeholders as per proposals.
- Identify external training opportunities relevant for the project staff.
- Regularly liaise with directorate of relevant ministries at governorate and district level, specifically with the MoI, MoYaS, MoJ and MoLSA.
- Under the supervision of the HoD/DHoD, coordinate the legal action and activities with the implementing partners.
- Coordinate with other humanitarian partners within the area of responsibility, actively participate to coordination mechanisms at governorate level
- Ensure full coordination with communities and community-leaders.
- Promote coordination and integration with other sectors within HEKS/EPER.
E. HEKS/EPER Policies
- Commit to respect the protection policy. Signs the Code of Conduct
- Report serious cases of abuse on beneficiaries identified by the team to the DHoD/HoD. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
- Raising awareness within the Foundation on violence against beneficiaries.
- Providing guidance to employees and others and defining expectations when it comes to preventing, raising, denouncing, and responding to issues of beneficiary’s abuse.
- Reducing the risk of beneficiaries abuse by selectively recruiting employees and others.
- Reducing the risk of beneficiaries abuse by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children.
Understands and applies security policies and fraud prevention policies.
Required qualities: organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills.
Desirable: proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in social work, sociology, arts, psychology, or a relevant discipline.
- 3 years relevant work experience in Community cohesion, Mental health and psychosocial support or Child Protection fields. At least 1 within I/NGOs, agencies or others as preferably Project Manager or Project Officer managing staff.
- Proven capacity in project cycle management
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and lead teams for strive for result.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of national and international staff is desirable.
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well, adaptability to context with limited social and entertainment opportunities.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Reliable to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail, and time management.
- Ability to cope with stress, including working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Commitment to and understanding of HEKS/EPER’s vision, mission, values, and principles.
- Ability to work in unstable, uncertain or potentially dangerous environments, independently and in a team.
- Must be culturally and gender-sensitive both in personal interactions and communication.
Understanding of the development and humanitarian contexts in Iraq. Knowledge of Iraqi’s regions would be an advantage.
- How to apply How to apply: Interested candidates should submit their Application CV and Cover Letter to the address: [email protected] Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. specifying in the e-mail subject: HEKS/IRQ23003 Only PDF applications will be considered. Please note that any late application or incomplete submission after the closure date will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Job Reference HEKS/IRQ23003