At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We’re pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We’re in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
What you’ll do:
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team and setting sales targets.
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure it’s strong presence
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Client relationship and management for corporate customers and strategic partners.
- Corporate customer retention and growth – establish strong customer relations while representing local and national clients professionally.
- Monitor and analyze customer data to identify key areas of focus and problem-solving customers concerns.
- Manage the customer retention and engagement strategy, executing timely and accurate deliveries of corporate communications to achieve business goals.
- Educate customers and prospects on our propositions and services.
- Responsible for accounts receivable & maintaining to ensure healthy aging for the accounts.
- Preparing business cases for new products & services
- Product development & integrations
- Management of ongoing products
- Actively source, close and manage partnerships with large companies with overlapping target segments such as telecoms, banks and hospitality providers
- Manage complex contract negotiations and work with legal counsel (if required)
- Lead the implementation of partnerships across different functional units
- Manage the business development process in country
What you’ll need:
- BS/MS degree in business administration, Economics, Commerce or any relevant field.
- Analytical skills with an ability to clearly translate results into actionable insights.
- 6 to 8 years of solid experience in B2B sales and business development in Iraq. Experience in product development is a plus.
- 3 years of managing people
- Experience/knowledge in product development and strategic initiatives
What we’ll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
- Address Baghdad USD Month