We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Catering/Sales professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As an Sales Coordinator – Events you are responsible for the success of the meeting, catering and event segment of the hotel. You will secure the business, plan the meeting / event, co-ordinate with hotel operations and clients before, during and after each meeting / event and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Responsible for selling off-site events and locations
• Handle all meetings and catering enquiries according to standard procedures
• Act as a one-stop shop for clients for detailed event planning and work closely with banquet operations, food & beverage management, rooms division operation, finance and external suppliers
• Satisfy the need of the clients whilst optimizing hotel revenue through strategic yield management and up selling of hotel facilities and services
• Work closely with the Area Sales MICE Team to achieve monthly sales target
• Conduct site inspections, client entertainment and familiarization
• Send all correspondence to clients regarding banquet events, such as proposals, confirmation or agreement letter, amendments, etc.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a degree in the hospitality field with previous experiences in catering sales within a hotel. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and strong interpersonal and negotiations skills are essentials. Computer literate and previous experiences with Opera are an advantage.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be customer driven and with an extremely proactive and focused personality and an outgoing, charismatic and approachable character. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player, portraying a structured and goal oriented work philosophy and possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Planning for Business
Drive for Results