Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Scaffolding Supervisor to be based in Basra, Iraq.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies. We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering
covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Design, construct and certify scaffold in support of maintenance and turnaround operations
- Train sub-contractors, in safe scaffold erection, stripping and certification practices and procedures
- Inspect scaffold holdings for compliance to local and industry standards
- Introduce and maintain a scaffold inspection system comprising weekly checks of all erected scaffold.
- Introduce and maintain a Scafftag system.
- Participate in audits, inspections and safety observation tours as directed by line manager or client.
- Comply with client procedures and checklists to ensure all tasks are completed with full regard to Safety Health and Environment
- Understand and ensure that Sub-contractors comply with key safe systems of work such as but not limited to:
- Recognition, risk Assessment & Mitigation of hazards
- Authorised scaffold access
- Quarantined scaffold
- Permit To Work
- Tool Box Talks
- Rigging, slinging & lifting techniques
- Working at heights
- Dropped objects & Trip Hazards
- Provide expertise in own discipline as technical authority. Advise on scaffold quantities for turnaround and maintenance planning.
- Support the planning, issue and control of work permits
- Liaise with Project Engineers on scaffold and access issues.
- Report all HSE incidents and advise and assist on incident investigations
- Provide technical input in to work packs.
- Provide expertise in own discipline as technical authority to support Training and Development of selected Sub-contract personnel in various skill levels – basic scaffold erection, scaffold supervision and scaffold inspection and auditing.
- Focal point for improvement opportunities within own discipline, liaising with training suppliers, vendors and Petrofac’s support personnel.
- Lead on root cause analysis as required by client
- Provide operations support to shutdown teams as / when required by Shutdown Manager or client
- Advise on document control and material/equipment holdings
- Provide input into the planning process
- Perform hands on scaffold erection.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination. Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch with you soon.