Job Description – Scaffolding Supervisor ( Local National)
- Design, construct and certify scaffold in support of maintenance and turnaround operations
- Train sub-contractors, in safe scaffold erection, stripping and certification practices and procedures
- Inspect scaffold holdings for compliance to local and industry standards
- Introduce and maintain a scaffold inspection system comprising weekly checks of all erected scaffold.
- Introduce and maintain a Scafftag system.
- Participate in audits, inspections and safety observation tours as directed by line manager or client.
- Comply with client procedures and checklists to ensure all tasks are completed with full regard to Safety Health and Environment
- Understand and ensure that Sub-contractors comply with key safe systems of work such as but not limited to:
- Recognition, risk Assessment & Mitigation of hazards
- Authorised scaffold access
- Quarantined scaffold
- Permit To Work
- Tool Box Talks
- Rigging, slinging & lifting techniques
- Working at heights
- Dropped objects & Trip Hazards
- Provide expertise in own discipline as technical authority. Advise on scaffold quantities for turnaround and maintenance planning.
- Support the planning, issue and control of work permits
- Liaise with Project Engineers on scaffold and access issues.
- Report all HSE incidents and advise and assist on incident investigations
- Provide technical input in to work packs.
- Provide expertise in own discipline as technical authority to support Training and Development of selected Sub-contract personnel in various skill levels – basic scaffold erection, scaffold supervision and scaffold inspection and auditing.
- Focal point for improvement opportunities within own discipline, liaising with training suppliers, vendors and Petrofac’s support personnel.
- Lead on root cause analysis as required by client
- Provide operations support to shutdown teams as / when required by Shutdown Manager or client
- Advise on document control and material/equipment holdings
- Provide input into the planning process
- Perform hands on scaffold erection.
Physical Effort and Work Environment
Duties performed at site with generally harsh climatic conditions.
- Diploma or HNC in a relevant technical discipline
- Exposure to overseas operations and working with a diverse workforce
- 5 years’ experience in an Operations environment
- Proven supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written briefs and skilled in report writing and compilation
- Proven analytical skills for problem solving and providing solutions
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a willingness to work to any client charter values.
- Foster good relationships and team working ethic with sub-contract teams to promote safe working practices and efficiency
Email Me Jobs Like These
Showing 1–0 of 0 jobs