EXTERNAL / INTERNAL
VACANCY: Security Guard
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its operations in Iraq.
• By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practise your profession in stimulating, complex, and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can make a difference.
• You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness, and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
• You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times.
• You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
• Competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, International Retirement savings plan (IRSP), Medical coverage, life insurance, Mobility allowance, and social security scheme).
Job Title: Security Guard
Number of positions: 1 position
Duty Station: Iraq – Mosul Sub-Delegation
Reports to: Security Guard Supervisor
Duration of Contract: 1-year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal based on needs and performance and budget availability).
Date of Issue: 06th March 2023
Deadline for applications: 12th March 2023
The Security Guard maintains security in the assigned premises and preforms security screening of people and/or vehicles in addition to reporting incident to the security guard responsible. The successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard, be resilient and have a positive “can-do” attitude.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Always applies the established security rules.
• Immediately reports any problem/incident or anything suspicious to his/her hierarchical supervisor.
• Ensures the security, safety and well-being of all personnel, visitors, and the premises.
• Welcomes, screens, reports/records and announces all visitors and vehicles arriving at the assigned premises.
• Performs regular checks of the premises/compound (including fire extinguishers, windows, doors, lights, and piping) to prevent incidents.
• Operates the generator and respect rules established for its use (Registration of fuel consumption and generators working hours).
• Make sure that the guard post is not left unattended (i.e., does not leave the post until the guard on the next shift has arrived) and ensure proper handover to the next shift.
Education and Professional Experience required:
• Primary school education or higher.
• Similar work experience at least two years.
• Basic knowledge of English (written and spoken).
• Knowledge of Security Operations and Fire Inspection Procedures.
• Outstanding surveillance and observation skills.
• Beneficiary and client focus
• Representing the ICRC
• Teamwork and collaboration
No Fee: ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION,
INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).
- How to apply How to Apply: All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Marked to ([email protected]) with the subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy title. Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permits in Iraq. The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period. NB: If you have not heard from us within a month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.