Work in direct support of the Samaritans Purse (SP), Snuni Base\ Iraq, abiding by the SP code of conduct. Responsible for providing (unarmed) security for Samaritans Purse personnel and property, as well as related tasks assigned by the management. Exhibit a generous and serving spirit while performing all duties and responsibilities. This position is not full-time, but a service-contracted security guard, that requires availability and flexibility to fill-in shifts for other permanent guards with short notices given.
- Control the entry of vehicles and people into established secure areas (for example, a building, room, compound, warehouse, or designated area outside), to include directing the flow of crowds of people during the on-site distribution.
- Patrol a perimeter fence (inside and outside).
- Assist with manual tasks around the compound as instructed by the Sinjar Security Coordinator.
- Report any suspicious activity or security incidents to the security supervisor
- Ensure that all incoming cars and personnel are checked as instructed by the security department.
- Be ready and available to fill in for other guards taking annual or sick leaves in different shifts and on different bases in Snuni during the day and at night.
- Adhere to the security guard’s policy manual.
- Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritans Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritans Purses code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritans Purses statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Impeccable integrity and honesty
2. Committed to following the SP code of conduct, values, and ethical standards
3. Humble team player
4. Strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal
5. Levelheaded and calm demeanor; able to firmly, yet professionally, direct people when the need arises
6. Self-starter and motivated to succeed, regardless of the task
7. Situational awareness, attention to detail, anticipation of events, and follow-up
8. Previous experience in security, preferably with a non-governmental organization (NGO)
9. Strong organizational and problem-solving ability
10. Flexible and adaptable to changing schedules and requirements
11. Willingness to travel (SP works at locations throughout northern Iraq)
12. Willingness to work in a field environment (including extended periods outside in extreme temperatures, rain, and dust)
13. Ability to drive a standard transmission vehicle
Education / Experience Needed
Previous experience in a security position, preferably with a NGO.
Kurdish (Kurmanji) and Arabic are required (spoken and written), English desired, but not required
- Address Sinjar, Snuni
- How to apply Apply by clicking on the "apply for this job" tab below. Or Send your CV/Resume to the following email: SPNIHR@samaritan.org The subject of the email should be Security Guard- Sinjar .Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed. CVs must be in English language.