Requisition ID: req21100
Job Title: Security Guard – Anbar/Faluja
Sector: Safety & Security
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Anbar, Iraq
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Working in coordination with the humanitarian community, the IRC currently addresses the needs of war-affected populations from several operational bases across Iraq. Our activities focus primarily on the supply of vital medications and medical equipment, non-food items, water and sanitation and women and children’s protection, and form part of an over-arching humanitarian response in Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, Iraq and the region that seeks to assist refugees, IDPs and war-affected people survive conflict and displacement.
The Guard’s responsibility is to control access and provide protection services to IRC staff, visitors and assets. Ensure that all visitors and guests are escorted while in IRC premises. The Guard & Receptionist will work under the supervision of the Safety & Security Manager.
- Patrol the office and the surrounding area on a regular basis and ensure buildings, unoccupied rooms, external doors, car parks and security systems are safe and secure.
- Provide advice to IRC staff and visitors on safety and security related matters.
- Respond to fire alarms, medical emergencies, evacuate premises and contact appropriate emergency services as or when required.
- Protect staff and assets and administer first aid as or when required.
- Assist the Safety & Security Manager in all safety and security related inspections and improvements.
- Undertake escort duties for staff and visitors while in IRC premises.
- Operate and maintain a range of safety and security equipment including two-way VHF radios, CCTV system, fire alarms etc.
- Ensure that all guests and visitors information is logged in an appropriate sheet.
- Under the supervision of the SSSM, liaise with the appropriate emergency services on all safety and security related matters.
- Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor or his authorized designee.
- Completion of Secondary school is required.
- Should be residing in Fallujah and has a valid residency card in Fallujah.
- Completion of Secondary school is required.
- One (1) years’ experience as a security guard.
- Surveillance detection skills.
- Previous training in safety and security.
- Stable, moral and robust character and a good team-player.
- Excellent communication skills, calm with a good sense of humor.
- Proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Fluent in Arabic. A basic level of English is preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good knowledge of operating and maintaining a range of safety and security equipment, including the use of VHF radios, CCTV system, fire alarms etc.
- Excellent knowledge of safety and security procedures and protocols.
- The candidate must be in a good physical condition.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to [email protected].
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية، وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة.
لا يتوجب على المتقدمين لأي وظيفة أو المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين أو متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع أي مبلغ مالي خلال أي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
إذا قام أي شخص بطلب أي خدمة مالية أو غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة، يرجى الإبلاغ عن ذلك الى البريد الإلكتروني: [email protected]
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.