We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team in Erbil city.
Working Schedule: 5 Days/ Week, 9 Hours/Day
The ideal candidate will be responsible to prepare financial reports, perform research and analysis, maintain the general ledger, perform account reconciliations, assist with audit preparations, and carry out other accounting duties as may be required. The position requires excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Process and reconcile transactions, including invoices, payments, and expenses.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and standard operating procedures and identify/establish internal controls and ensure their operating effectiveness. Ensuring the conformity of supplier invoices.
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Provide technical support and advice on procedures. Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process.
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process.
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Liaise with Financial Manager and Accounting Manager to improve financial procedures.
- Accurately reporting the closing of monthly accounts, with relevant corrections, adjustments, and reasoning for significant variances.
- Work closely with other teams on data related to accounting and finance to ensure the correct treatment of financial data.
- Liaise closely with stakeholders within the organization across different functions locally and internationally, with local, international, and regional teams.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in accounting or in a similar role.
- Fluent in Kurdish, Excellent level of English and Arabic.
- Well-versed in MS Office, especially MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software. Excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Strong problem solver with the ability to work proactively and well under pressure.
- Positive working attitude, demonstrate good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- How to apply Interested candidates with the mentioned qualifications kindly send your CVs to: ([email protected]). *Please mention (Senior Accountant - Erbil) in the Subject line of your email. * Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, the vacancy can be filled prior to the deadline. * Applications without the Subject line will not be considered.