3 Years contract
The position holder will contribute as Senior Admin Associate to provide excellent contribution required for the execution of the administrative functions of the School of Medicine as instructed by the line manager. This position will contribute to, in compliance with the University policies and procedures, the implementation of the administrative functions of the School and carry out other relevant tasks as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Admin Associate, in consultation with the line manager, will:
- Prepare the teaching and examination timetables of the School of Medicine. Responsible for room allocation (lecture halls and labs).
- Implement the procedures for setting examinations, collecting, collating and formalizing results with the academic departments (module gradesheets and exam board sheets).
- Prepare and monitor teaching workload of the faculty. Monthly teaching workload to be submitted to the Academic Registrar and the Human Resource Department.
- Manage the recruitment process of new students; participating in events such as school visits and open days. This includes but not limited to preparation of report of accepted students for the programme, scheduling school entrance tests and invigilation schedule, interviews and following up for admission documents.
- Responsible for operating the online admission system (SIS) in terms of applicants’ status, downloading of data for interview panel, etc.
- Manage the student induction day.
- Collect, monitor and present the academic data relevant to the annual resource allocation process to the line-manager and the Academic Registrar’s Office.
- Oversee the implementation of Academic Policies and Processes.
- Maintain the School records such as programme specifications, module descriptors, minutes of curriculum development, student feedback, etc.
- Responsible for assisting student requests, appeals, and following up on outstanding documents and financial duties from students. Provide regulatory guidance to students.
- Assist in gathering student feedback.
- Assist in the validation and correction of student data with Registry.
- Coordination with other departments for other requirements in teaching. Ensure office/teaching equipment and furniture & fixture (laptops, overhead projectors, whiteboard, chairs and desks, internet cables, etc) are functional and serviceable.
- Undertake a wide range of general administrative and office duties, including, but not limited to dealing with emails, typing, writing letters, processing mail, making and receiving telephone calls, scheduling appointments, photocopying, research, circulation of information, general filing, maintaining files, etc.
- Type, manage, review and draft documents, reports, minutes, correspondence, diary management, etc. in line with the University procedures and formal practices.
- Create and maintain all necessary records for the School.
- Arrange and schedule meetings, events, telephone enquiries, presentations, receiving correspondence, and any other activities.
- Prioritize and circulate points of action and information to a professional standard in order to ensure these activities are managed efficiently.
- Manage own time to ensure tasks are completed within given deadlines.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of University and Schools’ policies and procedures.
- Abide by TOTAL CONFIDENTIALITY of records of any description or nature.
- Create folder/personal file for each student and enter all students’ details into relevant folders.
- Ensure students’ details and folders are updated accordingly.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post and as requested by the line manager.
The Senior Admin Associate should have:
- A University degree in Management, Administration or a relevant field.
- Good level of English language with excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to produce range of professional documents: briefings, minutes and reports.
- The ability to speak and write in Kurdish and Arabic will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as an Administrator or a relevant advanced administrative or secretarial work is essential.
- Proven computer literacy skills, competency in MS Windows and MS Office package in particular: Word, Outlook, Access and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with a wide range of people including students, graduates, University staff and other stakeholders. A team player.
- Experience of carrying out a wide range of administrative duties to support a multi-functional team.
- Experience of servicing committees/meetings, event coordination and resource management.
- Experience of working in the education sector will be an advantage.
- Excellent organisational and high planning skills and accurate clerical abilities.
- Ability to coordinate events and activities effectively.
- Ability to process documentation relevant to University functions and a keen eye for details.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to [email protected] by indicating the specific Vacancy Title: Senior Admin Associate and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at ‘Vacancies’ on the University website
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Application Form