Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry,this position is daily base 6/1, we can only consider applications from local Iraqi nationals residing in Basra and surrounding areas.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule.
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- To co-ordinate with design teams in Dubai and other disciplines at Basra during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up
- To provide field study, field measurement and field support as required
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to Civil/Structural engineering and design
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualification in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years design engineering experience in the oil and gas industries
- Experienced in the use of site survey equipment
- Onshore Oil & Gas related field & design experience
- Familiarity with International Design Guidelines and Standards
- A determination to continually improve safety in all aspects of plant design and operation
- Proven capability in an engineering design company
- Experience of site-based project work involving field engineering, construction, commissioning, operations, or maintenance
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!