Senior Commissioning Engineer
Basra – Iraq site for 28/28 rotation
COMMISSIONING & START UP
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The role of the Commissioning Lead is to act on behalf of COMPANY for all commissioning and start up matters related to plant and facilities acceptance/testing/verification and all associated activities envisaged under the scope of commissioning and start-up
- The Commissioning Lead will be responsible for overseeing the EPC subcontractor Commissioning and Start-up activities generally from MC thru to Facility Acceptance
- The Commissioning Lead will participate in the review of EPC contractor’s developed CSU & Operational Readiness deliverables and ensure that all CSU plans developed are meeting contract requirements and are correctly implemented on the project.
Home Office responsibilities generally include:
- Review EPC contractor’s Project Commissioning and Start-up (CSU) deliverables as per contract
- Review EPC contractor’s developed Systemization
- Review EPC contractor’s developed CSU activities as per Commissioning System test plan
- Review EPC contractor’s logistical support for commissioning including but not limited to specialised 3rd party inspections, vendor support, specialised tools and spares
- Review EPC contractor’s system testing scope and methodologies.
- Review EPC contractor’s developed Road Map/Work Execution Flow Scheme (WEFS)
- Review EPC contractor’s developed project commissioning plans and integration of commissioning activities into project execution plan
- Review EPC contractor’s developed CSU schedule and provide guidance/ input into overall project plans
- Review and critique EPC contractor’s commissioning sequence/manpower mobilisation to support overall project schedule. Gap analysis.
- Review EPC contractor’s developed Commissioning & Start up Activities List
- Review EPC contractor’s developed Commissioning Consumables List
Site Responsibilities generally include;
- Ensure proper control of Commissioning activities covering both documentation and physical site activities including but not limited to verification of actual vs planned progress, participation in completion walkdowns, punch list handling, facilities completion verifications and recommend actions to maintain schedule, quality, safety, etc.
- Participate in verification and assurance activities both on desk and hands on.
- Ensure that EPC contractor follows COMPANY PTW and maintains overall HSSE standards throughout commissioning
- Forms part of Integrated CSU team lead by EPC Contractor representing COMPANY.
- Monitor and verify proper execution of commissioning sequence and schedule
- Report immediately if an unforeseen event can impact Commissioning and/or Start-Up schedule
- Review Commissioning dossiers
- Participate/Execute PSSR
- Participate in MC walkdowns representing COMPANY CSU
- Participate in RFSU walkdown representing COMPANY CSU
- Monitor and verify proper in-sequence completion of Systems and Sub-systems as per agreed plans.
- Participate in testing/verification of SCE and PCE in line with EPC contract requirements
- Review. compile and/or submit reports, as required.
- Facilitate ISBL/OSBL EPC interface meetings
- Oversee OSBL and ISBL commissioning interface testing to ensure compliance
- Oversee Performance testing ensuring compliance with acceptance criteria
- Leading/chairing of kick-off meetings with EPC/Vendors for performance testing
Education, Skills & Experience:
- As a minimum, Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering or equivalent
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 15 – 20 years’ experience in Oil and Gas and/or petrochemical projects execution . Experience in crude oil processing will be preferred.
- 5 years field experience as a Senior Commissioning engineer in a PMC or EPCM organization in project delivery, preferably from FEED to HANDOVER
- Experience in the Middle East is preferred.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal and good communication skills,
- Computer literate and MS Office competent
- Ability to work and manage in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience in Completions Management systems in execution of the projects would be an advantage.
- Experience in projects handling Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) containing fluids is preferred.
- Strong, and demonstrated, personal commitment to HSSE Leadership and experience in managing HSSE requirements in all phases of a project.
- Proven track record of leadership and problem resolution.