Wood is currently looking for a Senior E&I Commissioning Engineer to be based in basra, Iraq on 6 weeks on / 2 weeks off rotation.
The contract is for 1 year, renewable annually based on business needs.
- Assist Commissioning group/operations personnel assigned to the onshore locations
- Assist Co-ordination and execution of the commissioning activities on site
- Assist Co-ordination liaison for all interfaces on site and with all integrity groups to ensure the project requirements and performance standards are achieved, including maintaining schedule and cost targets
- Review Operational Test Procedures associated with the Commissioning of Instrument/Control systems
- PMS / IPCMS MCCs UPS, HV / LV Solar Panels AC / DC
- Provide input for the most effective use of vendors
- Provide input during project review of ITR / ITP including systems allocation during CMS population
- Have execution and working knowledge of CMS used on major projects ICAPS, GOC, Winpcs ETC
- Witness FAT and SAT as necessary
- Understanding working knowledge of solar panel power systems, PLC, SCADA, ICSS, E&I Vendor packages and Telecom system.
- Understanding of electrical systems and performance testing requirements
- Input to the development of the detailed plan and planning systems including reporting of progress
- Attending Commissioning and inter Department meetings
- Support of the discipline commissioning engineers in achieving the commissioning scope
- Support Liaison with independent inspection authorities and demonstrate facilities as required to satisfy the project performance standards and legislative requirements
- Ensure that changes implemented during the commissioning activities are approved and documented
- Provide Review of TQ’s, EQ’s, and SI’s insuring that they are included in the Commissioning scope where applicable
- Provide Assistance and directive in the Preparation of requisitions, technical specifications for materials, equipment and consumable required to perform the commissioning scope of work
- Participate in the hand over acceptance of systems / sub-systems with the Mechanical Completion and Operations group
- Liaison with GOC team to finalize system/ sub-system and GOC package.
- Responsible for review GOC package and finalize the same.
- Responsible for preparation and review of Pre-commissioning and commissioning procedure.
- Responsible for preparation & review of Green line mark-up as per site commissioning.
- Promote project safe working practices in line with the safety management systems
- Provide positive input in Planning and scheduling the correct resource levels
- Liaison with construction in providing and achieving the milestone objectives
- Ensure that the relevant permit to work is in place prior to commencement of work
- Bachelor’s degree in Instrumentation and Control engineering
- At least 12 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry
- Middle East experience is required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience of Oil & Gas Electrical, Instrument disciplines.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Sound supervisory and organizational skills.
- Clear communicator with good interpersonal skills.