My client, who are an International Oil and Energy Operator based in Iraq, are recruiting for a Senior Contracts Administrator on a 12-month renewable contract. The role will require the successful applicant to undertake a 28/28 rotation in Iraq.
- The Project Contracts Administrator shall ensure that the Projects Contracts are administered in accordance with Management expectations and business objectives and that all contractors working under such contracts fulfil their obligations in a timely manner.
- All contracting work is to be performed to the highest professional and ethical standards, in an efficient and cost-effective manner, and in accordance with the rules, regulations, laws and agreements of UK, the TSC, and recognised and acceptable international practices
- Work with the Project Team in consultation with PSCM to develop technical aspects for Strategies & Bidders Lists, RFI & RFP documents, Bid Evaluation Plans, Bid clarifications and RFA’s. Develop RFP documentation to form contract documentation and advise PSCM with respects to appropriate payment provisions. Work in the Projects Team for post contract administration of the Contracts for local Projects.
- Maintain adequate records and contract files in the Project Teams.
- Provide assistance and contractual advice to Project Managers and Delivery Managers on post award contracting activities.
- Work with Projects team members working at off-site locations to ensure smooth operations and act as a liaison with PSCM department and other departments.
- Input and comment on Contracts raised in the UK offices to ensure client requirements, local knowledge and lessons learnt are incorporated.
- Establish and maintain good working relations in client with various client departments and Contractors.
- Provide regular reporting in accordance with Project requirements.
- To ensure Contract requirements are met, whilst minimising Company exposure to unplanned claims
- To ensure Cost Recovery by ensuring adherence with Contract Terms
- Perform other related duties as and when assigned by the local Projects General Manager, Project Services Team Lead or respective Project Managers and Delivery Managers.
- To maintain total confidentiality
Key Skills and Requirements
- The post holder should have minimum of fifteen years’ experience in contract administration and project management/control in onshore oil & gas development projects.
- The post holder would preferably possess, as a minimum, a B.Sc. in Quantity Surveying with RICS accreditation or possess a degree in Engineering field with experience in contracts management and project controls.
- A sound working knowledge of contracting principles and practices.
- Effective management of contract files and post contract work with minimal supervision.
- Can contribute usefully to the change/development of working practices.
- Previous experience of working within a multi-cultural and multi-discipline, multi-location environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deliver exceptional results in difficult project environments.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.