Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Cost Engineer to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on 6/6 weeks off rotation.
The Senior Cost Engineer shall manage all current and future / potential cost developments in support of up-to-date cost forecasts, including cost risk analysis, contingency management and reporting to facilitate informed decision making within a project/s and/ or Engineering departments in BGC.
- Support, train, and coach Iraqi Cost Engineers’ development.
- Establishing Project Baselines and Cost Management Framework for various Portfolio Projects as they are sanctioned.
- Develop, implement and maintain the project specific WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) and underlying CTR (Cost, Time, Resource) structure, populate with budget information and secure CTR owner sign-offs. Implementing BGC standard CBS (Cost Breakdown Structure) and contractor processes. Contribute to establishing consistent approach to treatment of multi-currency transactions.
- Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of Cost Control Processes in BGC:
- Commitment planning and recording/reporting, VOWD (Value of Work Done), Cost forecasting/phasing and Earned Value consistent with the company procedures.
- Prepare Cost Report content and conduct budget holder reviews and publish.
- Embed the Change/Trend Management process, ensure all participants are aware of their responsibilities and the different classifications of a change/trend, and ensure that appropriate changes/trends are reflected in the regular cost forecast updates.
- Prepare forecasts and review with budget holders and project management.
- Provide early warning and value adding through reviews of the various contractor cost reports.
- Develop/Prepare reports and deliver presentations as required by the project.
- Manage/facilitate risk process with Project teams ensuring linked to cost contingency management/forecasting.
- Contribute to maintaining a process/system for capturing critical project datat for historical reporitng and benchmarking
- Monetary Measures: portfolio of concurrent brownfield and greenfield projects with annual capex ~$500M at different phases of project lifecycle.
- Working with offices in several different locations.
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Cost Engineer or equivalent experience.
Minimum 15 years industry experience in cost engineering, project services and/or project engineering positions.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
Experience with Databases and SAP an advantage.
- Fully versed with Cost Engineering/Risk Tools.
- Project execution practical experience (e.g. engineering, controls, C&P, construction).
- Proven interpersonal and relationships skills in complex environments with ability to work with and coach teams of diverse background.
- Experience in or with NOVs, JVs and NOCs and/or execution in remote/developing locations is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Arabic language is an advantage.
Able to work across multiple projects largely unsupervised and deliver results within challenging deadlines and under pressure
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!