Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for Senior Drilling /Planning Engineer to strengthen our team in Iraq. This is a rotational position in Iraq.
- Position reports directly to the D&WW Engineering Manager.
- Must provide technical mentorship to younger engineers and our Iraqi team members.
- Must be able to work all responsibilities of a drilling surveillance engineer as directed by the D&WW Engineering Manager in addition to being able to work strategically to focus on future activity readiness plus multiple cost and schedule scenarios….. similar to a planning engineer
- Build and analyze competitive bid tenders as well as coach younger team member to build competitive tenders.
- Work closely with the D&WW Manager, Engineering Manager, Operations Superintendent, Subsurface Geology, Reservoir, Production team cost and planning personnel as well as wellwork engineers to ensure proper cost estimating and long lead equipment planning for current and future years Work Plans and Budgets.
- Must know the operating and construction characteristics of all components in the drilling process or systems to be used and must be knowledgeable about alternative systems and procedures that might be implemented to improve operational efficiency.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across multiple functions as well as within multi-cultural team members.
- Interact with Drilling Surveillance Engineer for ongoing rig operations.
- Work with cost analyst to support accurate well cost estimation and planning requirement for current and future Work Plans and Budgets.
- Complete any other tasks required to support planning or operation activities as directed by the D&WW Engineering Manager.
- Lead role in special Drilling Technical Studies while supporting field development studies and planning
- Support Drilling surveillance engineer in providing Tubular/Wellhead Forecasting as well as budget preparation and cost estimation as required.
- Represent Drilling in well start meetings with Well works, Subsurface Geology, Reservoir and Production Operations which deals with scheduling of upcoming wells in the near term 3-6 months … reports back to D&WW Engineering Manager and Operations Superintendent.
- Anticipate and detect and communicate any potential drilling challenges/issues to meeting cost and schedule plans to the D&WW Engineering Manager / Operations Superintendent / Manager.
- Interact with Iraqi Secondees and participating/organizing technical interchange sessions as directed by the D&WW Engineering Manager.
- Interact with Completion and Wellwork engineers on operation and design issues
- Prepare and revise drilling programs as needed and directed by D&WW Engineering Manager.
- Well design and well design optimizations including casing design, torque and drag analysis and hole cleaning as directed by D&WW Engineering Manager.
Skills / Qualifications
- Require minimum Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Engineering (Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical engineering preferred).
- Experience in H2S mitigation is an asset
- Project Management skills with ability to drive for results.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Self-starter with high initiative and required minimum supervision.
- Minimum 15 years of experience with 10 years in drilling.
- Must have very good English communication skills.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills with great flexibility.
- Need to be flexible enough to work within the context of a demanding strict security protocols.
- Must have a continuous improvement mind-set … willing to push technology and innovation to reduce cost/add value to existing processes.
- Analytical/problem solving skills.
- Able to function in a team environment.
- Need excellent organizing skills – can set and monitor own schedule and stay on task.
- Must be with committed to achieving results and hard work regardless of how long it takes.
- Must be sensitive and able to work in a Multi-cultural environment.
- Must be safety focused in well planning and program execution.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Drilling Engineering and well construction technologies including torque and drag analysis in high angle / horizontal wells, cement design and technology, bottom-hole assembly design, non-aqueous drilling fluid technology, Wellhead and casing design.
- Sound knowledge of and integrated project management skills across multiple functional teams.
- Ability to plan and manage annual project budgets.
- Excellent computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel and MS Project)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!