Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Designer to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on a daily work 6/1 .
This is an office position based in Basra, with occasional visits required to site.
- Carry out assigned Electrical design work as part of a multi-discipline project team
- Maybe required to perform site surveys and data gathering exercises at various project locations
- To provide discipline specific design and drafting services that meet the Project’s, and applicable statutory and regulatory, requirements
- To provide technical support to the site team during design, engineering and construction
- Preparation and checking of all types of Electrical and/or Instrument design deliverables such as Block Diagrams, Single Line Diagrams, Schematics, Layout Drawings, Termination Diagrams, Schedules, Material Take-Offs, etc
- Interdisciplinary check of all Civil/Structural/Piping/Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation drawings
- Review of vendor drawings for Equipment / Package items
- Produce drawings in AutoCAD
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to the discipline
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma qualification or HND in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in an engineering design company as an Electrical Designer
- Knowledge of site-based project work involving field engineering and construction
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Previous Onshore Oil and Gas related Electrical design experience
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Excel and Word
- Experience of 3D modelling using SP3D / PDMS would be an advantage
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!