Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer on a 4/4 rotation based in Basra, Iraq.
- Assists the designers with the preparation of electrical drawings on assigned projects.
- Be knowledgeable of system protection practices and the types of components used for low voltage and high voltage system protection.
- Be knowledgeable of the ratings of equipment and the type of calculations required for evaluation.
- Carry out electrical engineering work in accordance with the agreed project schedule.
- Prepare specifications and datasheet for electrical equipment on assigned projects.
- Develop detailed design deliverables defining distribution, protection and control schemes
- Execute assigned work, and deliver documentation within the project schedule
- Produce calculations – cable sizing, equipment sizing, lightning & earthing, emergency generator sizing
- Produce schedules – load schedules, cable & conduit schedules, control and indication schedules
- Produce metering & protection drawings for HV / LV switchgears
- Review vendor’s quotations, prepare technical quotation evaluation and recommend the final technically acceptable vendor
- Approve order variation summaries technically; review and approve vendor order documentation
- Coordinate and liaise with other departments
- Carry out technical investigations, produce technical reports, engineering standards and procedures
- Demonstrate sound technical knowledge, coupled with decision making skills, to ensure the timely delivery of projects.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in a similar position in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Experience with power system modeling software like ETAP or other power system modeling software.
- Strong Power Systems Engineering Background.
- Minimum of ten years’ design experience in onshore Oil and Gas projects
- High motivation, ability to work independently and confidence in own ability to deliver the Electrical scope on a project
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!