Petrofac is looking to recruit a Senior Engineer HSE Design to be based in Iraq.
What we do
Petrofac is a respected international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
Diversity & Inclusion
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. Applications are also welcomed from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests
Main purpose of the role:
An experienced Sr. Technical Safety Design Engineer who is specialized in HSE Design of the Oil and Gas field is required to join our Project Management Consultancy team (PMC). PMC is directly involved in managing assigned projects to execute safely, to the highest standards of integrity and compliance, on schedule and within budget. This will involve engineering design, procurement, construction and commissioning of various sizes, types, and complexity of small, medium to mega projects.
Project Management Consultancy team (PMC) manages projects usually from Petrofac Sharjah and site offices in Iraq.
The primary role is to ensure that engineering design, procurement, construction, commissioning and project completion is done in compliance with the project objective and contractual requirements i.e., HSE, company standards and procedures, project schedule & cost. The role also involves review, study, design, and construction of Green and brown field oil and Gas facilities
- Engineering experience in FEED & Detail engineering related with the risk & safety, loss prevention engineering in oil & gas, refinery or petrochemical industry.
- Design, execute and ensure technical compliance of all HSE Design activities adhering to the standards specified in the contract scope.
- Establish contract review criteria, identify, and resolve discrepancies and divergences from original proposal through the instigation of technical queries to projects/client
- Address technical issues arising in all phases of project development related to HSE Design of the facilities.
- Familiar with international procedures of Projects Phases, Engineering, Bidding procedures, Procurement Processes, Construction Requirements and up to date Best Practices.
- Full understanding of FEED and Contract documents (inclusive of appendices, drawings and specifications), interface management, change management, construction sequencing, and to support the project in timely completion.
- Review / Approval of Technical Document Register (TDR) as per Contract requirements.
- Review of HSE Design basis, Philosophies, Study Reports, Project specifications, P&IDs, Data sheets, design, sizing, calculations, etc.
- Capable of leading various HSE studies/workshops such as HAZID, FRA, QRA, HAZOP, SIL, BOW Tie, LOPA, EERA, ESIA, Model Reviews, Constructability review, Design performance standard, HFE, Plant Layout Review, Stack Dispersion study, etc, close out the study requirements as per international standard and implementation in the appropriate documents on time.
- Review Inquiry requisitions in line with scope of work, etc. in fully compliance with Project requirements.
- Organize the issuance of engineering drawings, technical documents for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDC’s), and review of other discipline documents such P&IDs, Instrument interface, Plot plan, philosophies, and design basis, etc.
- Participate in the technical evaluation of vendor bid offers. Direct and provide guidance in the Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE).
- Review of Purchase Requisitions for the procurement of HSE items. Review the vendor compatibility and compliance with the scope of client specifications.
- Review / Approval of VDR such as vendor drawings, and other Key deliverables to ensure the compliance with client specifications and are within budgeted man-hours.
- Effective knowledge of technical standards, international code like NFPA/BS/ISO/API/EI, etc. and engineering standards of leading Oil and Gas companies.
- Effective knowledge in risk & safety softwares like PHAST, FRED, PIPENET, etc.
- Effective skill in 3D model software to verify the design as per the HSE requirement.
- Ability to review the Contractor mode &, Constructability, and recommendation to improvement.
- Monitor vendor’s manufacture progress, Coordinate with third party inspectors for critical inspection, assessment of non-conformance, etc.
- Function as part / team member of Specialist Group to support multiple projects. Apportion work among engineering staff according to specialized training, monitor man-hour costs and team schedules. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce the overall costs.
- Interact with other disciplines, Quality Assurance for quality issues, review and approval of ITP; strictly ensure compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures. Coordinate & Support Internal and Client audit.
- Perform departmental duties as and when directed by Direct Supervisor. Supervise and develop Graduate Engineers and other engineers as assigned by Department. Work on Development Standards/Data Sheets/Other Tools to improve productivity.
- Uphold engineering ethics and maintain high standards of professional behavior and conduct.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 12-15 years in relevant risk & safety, loss prevention engineering experience in Petrochemical, refinery or Oil & Gas design / project/construction in a similar position.
- Working with an international PMC/ EPC company.
- Ability to communicate technically complex concepts to non-specialists.
- Capable of representing discipline internally and externally on technical issues.
- Must have FEED, Engineering Design & Construction phase experience in large OIL and Gas projects.
- Adequate knowledge and practical applications, international specifications, codes, and standards concerning.
- Work to the highest personal standards and achieve set objectives.
- Proven experience with diverse and multi-cultural teams is essential.
- Dynamic attitude towards project improvements and savings.