DNO is the leading producer in oil reserves and production in Kurdistan, Iraq
DNO is seeking an experienced Senior ESP Engineer for its operations in Kurdistan.
The Senior ESP Engineer will be joining an international dynamic team and a working environment characterized by highly experienced, skilled and motivated employees.
Senior ESP Engineer will oversee well site operation, cost and budget, ESP procurement, develop the technical documents for provision of ESP equipment and services and associated equipment, mentor and provide continuous support to junior technicians.
They are required to
– demonstrate technical leadership within the Well Services department and in particular within the ESP team.
– Monitor and quality check (QC) the overall ESP well performance optimization process to enhance production and increase ESP run life.
– Manage and communicate with vendors involved during Installation operation.
They will be based in the Erbil Kurdistan.
- Ensures compliance with DNO policies and standards
- Identifies high risk situations, documents them, and adopts risk mitigation approach
- Troubleshoot ESP performance, in liaison with field personnel, recommend remedial actions and follow up on actions taken
- Periodically QC and audit the ESP optimization process from data gathering through recordkeeping (including the ESP Optimization Tracker spreadsheet and Data Source NR and SR spreadsheets. Lead the Optimization Meetings, validate all optimization recommendations and follow up on post optimization monitoring
- Be able to use Prosper, Autograph, SubPUMP or other software, regularly audit random ESP models created by the ESP Technician/engineer to ensure consistent, valid models are created from the best available data and opportunities for optimization are not missed.
- Manage and update ESP Master Spreadsheet, the ESP Well Data Master spreadsheet, the Report Generator Master spreadsheet, the Weekly Report Template spreadsheet, the ESP SubPump vs Prosper Corrections spreadsheet and other key ESP team records.
- Prepare the Weekly ESP Summary Report, Weekly ESP Dashboard, Monthly ESP Dashboard and Weekly BM meeting slides in a timely manner and professional format.
- Manage and complete various Subsurface ESP team projects assigned.
- Facilitate and lead Preliminary ESP Failure Assessment (PEFA) drafting of reports, meetings and presentations. Ensure PEFA activities are carried out effectively and on time.
- Identify and implement initiatives and technologies to improve ESP run life.
- Develop the capabilities of local national staff through formal and informal training / mentoring.
- Review and validate ESP commissioning recommendations and commissioning follow up.
- Actively participate in ESP Wash-Up meetings, ESP Runlife Challenge meetings and other similar activities aimed at ESP run life improvement.
- Daily review on DOF the status of ESP wells and alert Well Services Manager for wells offline and wells that require troubleshooting.
- Advise on all aspects of ESP engineering, applications and equipment to ensure delivery of safe and environmentally sound solutions, on time and within budget.
- Analysis and implementation of creative and cost-effective artificial lift solutions.
- Monitor and trouble shoot artificial lift performance and maintain historical records.
- Trouble shoot failures in surface equipment related to artificial lift application: VSD, soft starter, step up transformer.
- Maintain spare parts records for all the VSDs at WHM workboat as per the requirement
- Maintain updated record of VSD parameters for all ESP’s Drives, review and test the ESP’s safety parameters and remote data collection
- Attend FAT’s, (factory acceptance tests) as required.
Skill and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in VSD equipment.
- Familiar with Baker, Schlumberger, GE and any other ESP system in the market.
- Must have the ability to make decisions regarding operational situations but also liase with other team members that might be impacted by or have an interest in that decision.
- The ability to respond and make decisions in emergency situations.
- A proven team player capable of working in a multi-discipline team environment with a desire to share knowledge and train staff.
- A proven ability to develop and implement creative artificial lift and other production system solutions.
- Maintain clear and professional communications with all crew members
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc in petroleum engineering or equivalent.
- 13+ years of industry experience in ESP technology plus relevant experience in aspects of petroleum engineering.
- Fluent English and good presentation skills with effective interdisciplinary communication and oilfield development skills.
- Ability to use industry software (PETEX, Autograph, SubPUMP) for design and modelling of ESP performance.
- Extensive knowledge and skills in MS Office, notably Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Leadership skills.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Computer skills, experience with MS Office.
- Ability to remain focused and decisive under pressure.
The role reports to Lead Completions Engineer and will be based in Erbil, Kurdistan. The role will be rotation 28 days on / 28 days off with 12 months fixed term contract duration.
Please apply with a PDF version of your CV.