Defining, coordinating and monitoring the implementation and management of finance strategies, policies, internal control and all financial administrative and legal issues in the company, in line with the context and operational challenges, protocols, standards and procedures, in order to provide accurate, transparent, timely and reliable financial information to the company and third parties on the allocation of resources in the projects
- As an active member of the CMT, participating in the definition of the company objectives and strategies in collaboration with the CMT, planning, implementing and monitoring the financial operational and budget needs, anticipating changes and challenges and planning accordingly, in order to ensure budgets are relevant and appropriate
- Defining the financial strategy for the company together with the CEO, assessing and mitigating the financial risks of the mission and ensuring the implementation of a relevant mission organizational set up and a reliable internal control system, in order to meet all financial obligations while keeping financial ethics respected at all times within the mission
- Ensuring proper implementation and respect of company policies and guidelines, ensuring they are aligned with legal requirements and within the national legal framework, and designing or adapting relevant local policies, procedures and tools for optimized management of the financial resources
- In collaboration with the technical referent at HQ, managing the funding agreements with owner e.g., coordinating and preparing proposals and financial reports to owner and managing contracts
- Coordinating and ensuring the efficient management of the treasury including the whole accounting of the company, in order to ensure the smooth running of operations at all times and maintaining as much control as possible on security risks. This includes among other things, defining minimum levels of cash, anticipating planned expenditures, managing local bank accounts and transfer of funds, managing contacts with banks and/or other financial institutions at company level, and monitoring the payment of suppliers and staff salaries.
- Providing regular and adequate indicators to monitor the financial health of the company and providing relevant cost analysis, regularly monitoring of expenses vs budget, analyzing variances and suggesting corrective actions when needed.
- Being responsible for the management, supervision and development of the finance team, including coaching, training, motivating and ensuring their capability, detecting potential conflicts and finding solutions when necessary.
- Sensitizing key executive staff such as coordinators, budget holders and relevant management on financial risks and the extent of their financial responsibilities
- Ensuring the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff’s development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the finance activities
- Coordinating and overseeing the monthly and yearly closing of accounts with the aim that the statement reflects the financial reality.
- Develop presentations for the Board of Executives on new accounting, banking, and production software to manage finances related to those areas.
- Maintains general accounting, cost accounting, payables and receivables, and general ledger reconciliation through the team.
- Ensures appropriate cash flow to satisfy business demands by managing the company’s reporting, cash flow projections, and balance sheet items.
- Monitors the organization’s banking activity and maintains bank balances.
- Assign time-sensitive tasks to employees.
- Review financial-related contracts with the legal department.
- Maintain a follow-up system with customers and encourage referrals.
- Understand all of the company’s finance products and stay informed with the financial markets.
- Advise departments with budgeting questions and needs.
- Oversee the regular payments of company ensuring they are on time and of the correct amount.
- Review multiple reports on a weekly basis on the company’s financial expenditures by various departments.
- 6+ years in the banking or finance sectors
- Minimum 2 years of auditing experience
- Financial advising license produced by the state
- Good communication skills
- Strong drive and positive attitude
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to effectively influence and develop strong relationships
- Experience in SAP System preferred
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel software
- Address Baghdad
- How to apply Please send your application in English or Arabic to: Email: email@example.com please indicate in the subject “Senior Finance Manager”
- Job Reference Senior Finance Manager