The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Inside Syria, 7.6 million people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance, with 4.8 million in hard-to-reach areas. There are 4 million Syrian refugees in neighboring countries. This is no short-term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair.
IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis. With an annual budget in excess of $140 million and a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by more than 1,250 staff in the region, IRC is undertaking programs in Syria and the neighboring countries of Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan in the fields of health, child protection, education, women’s protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, water and sanitation, and livelihood programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Under direction of finance manager responsible for providing effective financial management for the ERB office. Implementing transfer, local payments, cash disbursement and other transactions, assist with preparation financial reports.
- Leading the month end closing.
- Leading audit preparation and process.
- Preparing expat staff salary JV.
- Preparing intercompany report for 29300/29400 inward and outward.
- Preparing expat payroll information.
- Preparing Finance Scorecards and maintain the finance metrics.
- Reviewing cash and bank books for All IRQ and XB field offices including Erbil.
- Posting all IRQ and XB JVs.
- Allocating all SAF file transactions.
- Allocating all intercompany costs.
- Preparing annual financial reports for KRI and BGH.
- JV adjustments for any errors in the Sun system.
- Preparing quarterly tax report of KRI.
- Creating all new codes in SUN system.
- Training and support to the finance field office based on the request.
- Reviewing balance sheet accounts and make adjustment for errors.
- Review and doing finance verification for all payments up to 10,000 USD.
- Matching the current month expenses with the booked accruals/All locations.
- Perform other duties, as needed, or requested.
- Education: University degree, preferable in finance or accounting.
- Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years professional accounting experience with an INGO
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Language Skills: Very good command in English and Kurdish, Arabic is preferred.
- Certificates or Licenses: finance and accounting.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Finance Manager, IRC Iraq, Erbil
Position directly supervises: Finance Officer, Finance Assistant & finance Intern.
Indirect Technical Reporting: IRQ and NES Finance Field Staffs.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or
non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to [email protected]