Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger and recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition. Founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger delivers programs, in over 40 countries while committed to respect humanitarian principles as a non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and, non-profit organization. Our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergencies and conflict. Action Against Hunger intervenes in four main areas: Nutrition, Mental Health & Care Practices; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Food Security and Livelihoods; Advocacy and Raising Awareness.
Action Against Hunger is looking for a Senior Finance Officer to work in its Coordination office in Erbil.
Work place: Based in Erbil, Iraq with frequent travel across field sites over all Iraq
Type of contract: Initially 6 Months – Fixed-Term contract with the possibility of extension.
Working Hours: Full Time Contract of minimum 40 hours per week up to a maximum of 48 hours per week
Monthly Basic Salary: Action Against Hunger provide competitive salary according to ACF salary grid: Technician Level 3, Beginner (T3L1)
Benefits: Monthly Transport Allowance, Medical Insurance and + End of Year Benefit.
The Purpose of the position:
The Senior Finance Officer will be responsible for the good financial management of a set of projects and for the financial controlling at country. He/ She will Support the decision-making at project and country level with accurate and reliable financial information and analysis.
Mission 1 :Proposals
- Support in the preparation of budget proposals in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders
Mission 2 : Project Financial management
- Prepare and present the financial slides at the Project kick off meeting
- Prepare BFU file and parameter for the accounting system (budget lines) once budgets are approved;
- Share BFUs with updated ledger on a monthly basis
- Plan and lead the BFU monthly meeting: collecting inputs and feedbacks on the actuals as well as the forecast.
- Review and comment/challenge the forecasts from stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and support to all project stakeholders on how to better forecast
- Raise alert to upper management when variations of budget require donor approvals or amendments
- Provide guidance on where to allocate cost in the best way possible on projects
- Prepare and submit the donor financial reporitings
- Ensure the follow up of donor instalments
Missin 3 :Country financial controlling
- Review the accounting ledger and provide feedbacks to the accountants to ensure correct use of description, accounts, third party codes, contract codes, budget lines.
- Request the creation, the cancellation, the modifications of the parameter in the accounting system as per need
- Support in the review and validation of the monthly bundle.
- Support in the preparation and diffusion of the budget allocations with all relevant stakeholders and staff (Recap TCC…)
- Support in the preparation and update of the Financial Plan as required by the HoD Finance
- Update the Finance team follow up on a weekly basis
- Support with financial reporting to HQ
Mission 4 :Internal controlling and audit follow up
- Finance documentation archive:
- Explain and share relevant donor rules to stakeholder, compliance rules and verify the eligibility of the expenses charged on projects
- Organize and follows up the collect, the review and the digitalization of the accounting archive
- Conducts regular sport check of the accounting archives and propose corrective measures when needed
- Organize and follow up the collect and the review of the documents requested by auditors
- Liaise with Base teams on any challenge with receiving dispatch of supporting documents timely;
- Supervise the audit proceedings and ensure all the auditors requests are met or answered appropriately
- Encourage collaboration between the departments to ensure good adherence to compliance
- Statutory financial reports and taxes
- Prepare and submit the statutory financial annual report for KRI and GOI DNGO
- Support with the calculation and the payment of income taxes and social security
Mission 5 : Partner financial controlling
- Support with the due diligence of new partners
- Meet and maintain regular communication with the partner finance team
- Follow up with the required financial reports from partners
- Review the ledger shared by partners and request correction when relevant
- Prepare and follow up with partner instalments
Mission 6 : Cash management
- Collect, review and validate the fund requests from the bases
- Prepare and submit the draft country fund request to HoD Finance/HQ
- Update the HQ instalment follow up
Perform other tasks in link with the finance department as requested.
|· Master in Accounting, Corporate Finance, Business administration, or equivalent
· Good stress management, good sense of priorities
|· Spoken and written English is mandatory· Spoken and written Arabic is a mandatory· Spoken and written Kurdish is a plus
|· Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, outlook) especially Excel and Finances ‘s Software
- Address Erbil
- How to apply Interested Candidate can apply through this link: https://forms.gle/dCDyxUfnNAqeVGxS8 • Shortlisting will be conducted on a rolling basis. • The final candidates will be subjected to security screening and positive references. • ACF is an equal opportunity employer regardless of the background • ACF strictly prohibits sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse, and exploitation, with any breach of these principles considered as a significant act of misconduct