The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC established programs in Iraq in 2003 to address the overwhelming needs of displaced people in Iraq and the neighboring countries. Since re-establishing its presence in Iraq in November 2007, the IRC has been assisting thousands of internally displaced families in the northern, central, and southern governorates in the sectors of protection, gender-based violence (GBV), early childhood development, economic recovery, Child Protection, and emergency humanitarian assistance. Today, the IRC works in close coordination with the humanitarian and development partners in Iraq and local stakeholders to address the needs of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Returnees, and Host communities. We operate in several governorates throughout Central and Southern Iraq, including Anbar, Ninewa, SAD, and Kirkuk, with additional offices in Erbil and Baghdad.
Under the supervision of the HR Director, the Senior HR Officer- Talent Acquisition will work closely on staffing needs. Senior HR Officer- Talent Acquisition will work on various positions ranging from min-level to senior roles within IRC programs and operations across Iraq. S/he will be responsible for recruiting and overseeing open positions while being compliant with IRC’s Global Recruiting Policies & Procedures. S/he will engage in community for better exposure of the IRC and contribute IRC’s position as employer of choice. The Senior HR Officer- Talent Acquisition will also be responsible for consisting and accurate on reporting various HR Metrics such as Time to Fill and implement other Strategic visions for IRC Iraq.
Human Resource Management
- Participate in the periodic review of the HR policies and procedures recommending changes to the HR Director.
- Ensure IRC is compliant with all employment and local regulations to minimize legal risk exposure as part of the general IRC Iraq Risk Management efforts.
- Contribute to discussions aimed at improving delivery of the HR department in general.
- Support development of IRC Iraq HR strategy, annual business plans, policies, and procedures.
- Implement audit recommendations in areas of responsibility and support the overall HR Risk Management efforts.
- Cover any other duties whenever required.
- Develop attraction strategies and practices that are sensitive to the context to ensure acquisition of right staff, fast.
- Responsible for the end-to-end recruitment process while ensuring compliance with approved policy and procedures.
- Periodically lead the review of the recruitment policy, procedure and tools to ensure alignment with IRC global policies, Iraq context, local legislations and HR best/next practices.
- Promote IRC brand through participation in local job fairs, HR forums and other professional networks.
- Work with Hiring Managers and all HR staff in field locations to ensure all new staff have set departmental orientation schedules before their start date.
- Develop pre-employee arrival documents that offer detailed information to new employees.
- Employ traditional sourcing strategies, actively network and employ innovative, creative recruiting methods to hire the best talent.
- Creating and maintaining talent pools and pipelines using IRC’s applicant tracking system (Cornerstone).
Consultancy and TTA Management
- Responsible for end-to-end consultancy engagement process that includes working with Hiring Managers to complete relevant forms, advertising, interviewing and contracting.
- Responsible for end-to-end TTA processes that include working with Hiring Managers to complete TORs, advertising, interviewing and contracting.
- Conduct periodic recruitment policy and procedure trainings for HR staff and Hiring Managers as a strategic intervention to ensure quality in recruitment.
- Responsible for the orientation of new staff on the entire talent acquisition policies, process, and procedures.
- Respond to recruitment queries with an aim of providing solutions and imparting knowledge.
- Work with the HR Lead and Heads of Departments to develop workforce plans based on current and (potential) future grants.
- Responsible for supporting succession planning, organize internal and external talent forums and take and/or advice management on corrective actions to mainstream workforce diversity.
- Prepare and share weekly (and as may be required) recruitment reports and follow up/implement identified corrective actions
- Prepare and share monthly diversity reports initiate discussion and lead implementation of agreed corrective actions.
Any other tasks required by the line manager.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: HR Director
Position technically supervised by: N/A
Position directly supervises: Technical supervision over the HRO-Compensation and Benefits (30% recruitment responsibilities)
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC staff.
External: IRC stakeholders.
- Education: bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business administration or equivalent qualification and experience.
- Work Experience: 4-5 years of relevant working experience in humanitarian agencies, INGOs and/or in the private sector.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Language Skills: fluency in Arabic and English. Kurdish language is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to create, implement, maintain and improve recruitment strategies and systems in a high-volume context.
- Proven experience in recruiting senior level positions required.
- Strong project management and organizational skills as well as interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Ability to work in a fast paced/changing, deadline-oriented environment.
- Solid presentation and communication skills; ability to convey information effectively; solid experience providing training and staff development is a plus.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience in the use of a recruitment tracking system required.
- Excellent management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to provide excellent client service in a cross-cultural context.
- Diplomatic and strong acumen in establishing positive working relationships with employees and all other stakeholders to maximize cooperation and productivity.
- Salary range: (2,384,615 – 3,100,000) Iraqi Dinars, based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity and budget as well as calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
- 13th month salary per year.
- 21 days of leave and 15 days of paid holidays per year.
- IRC provides health insurance for staff and their dependents.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Per the Iraqi Ministry of Health COVID-19 guidelines, IRC requires candidates who are selected for positions to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter IRC premises. However, the exemption is only accepted per the Iraqi Health regulation and upon the provision of a negative PCR test.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy, and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to [email protected].
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى [email protected]
- How to apply Please click on the below link: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/47417?c=rescue