|Job Title: Senior Human Resources Officer||Reports to: Head of Operations|
|Department: Operations||Salary Grade: 8|
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion, or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.
The Senior Human Resources Officer will help to coordinate and support the execution of the Country Program (CP) HR strategy and operational plans in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. The incumbent will analyze and anticipate HR programs, services, and operational needs and challenges in the areas of recruitment, staff development, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, onboarding/orientation, policies, staff care, and employee administration and introduce improvement solutions.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Head of Operations in his/her responsibilities regarding the overall management of HR programs and services in the CP.
- Implement HR activities and transactions to ensure they meet the latest agency, donor, and local legal requirements and standards and reflect best practices.
- Deliver professional HR advice and engage managers, staff, and partners on daily HR issues, especially regarding recruitment, performance management, and employee relations.
- Support staff retention activities. Maintain adequate knowledge to support competitive and equitable compensation and benefits and a work environment that fosters staff engagement, empowerment through proper supervision, and personal and professional growth.
- Provide prompt culture training to ensure staff actions reflect CRS guiding principles, where dignity, diversity, community, and rights and responsibilities of all staff are valued.
- In collaboration with the Head of Operations, serve as internal and external liaison on all HR-related matters. Serve as in-country delegate/representative in forums related to HR management issues to stay abreast of standards, local laws, and industry best practices and to maintain peer contacts.
- Manage accuracy in record keeping in personnel files and/or Agency Human Resources Information System (Insight) that adheres to required CRS, donor, and local law regulations.
- Provide analytical reports on HR-related data, metrics, and trends to support decision-making, workforce planning, and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration required.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in HR, preferably with an International or local NGO, with at least three (3) of these years coordinating an HR function and strong knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
Required Languages – Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic is required. Kurdish is a plus.
Travel – This position is based in Erbil with potential travel to CRS offices/locations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good planning, monitoring, and organizational skills
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Experience with and demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices. Thorough knowledge of the local labor law.
- Staff management experience.
- Strong experience in presenting, facilitating, and coaching on HR topics.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, and HRIS such as Oracle.
Agency REDI Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
Agency competencies clarify expected behaviors and attitudes for all staff. When demonstrated, they create an engaging workplace, help the team achieve their best, and help CRS achieve agency goals. These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS’ and are used by each staff member to fulfill their responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Personal Accountability – Consistently takes responsibility for one’s actions.
- Acts with Integrity – Consistently models values aligned with CRS Guiding Principles and mission and is considered honest.
- Builds and Maintains Trust – Shows consistency between words and actions.
- Collaborates with Others – Works effectively in intercultural and diverse teams.
- Open to Learn – Seeks out experiences that may change perspective or provide an opportunity to learn new things.
Supervisory Responsibilities : Yes
Key Working Relationships:
Internal – Head of Operations, Head of Programming, Country Representative, Deputy Regional Manager for Management Quality, HR Regional Advisor, HR Business Partner, Finance Manager, Procurement Manager, and all hiring managers.
External – Partner NGO HR Officers, HR service vendors, and National Government Agencies( i.e., Income Tax and Social Security )
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS prioritizes candidates who are citizens/ permanent residents of the countries where we have CRS offices.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- How to apply Please submit your CV as a PDF, other formats rather than PDF will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application. You can apply via the link below: https://crsiraqcareers.crs.org/job?id=210