Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Instrument Engineer on a 4/4 rotation based in Basra, Iraq.
- Coaching and mentoring as delegated.
- Develop training program for graduates.
- Provide technical presentations (lunch & learn) sessions to co-workers on knowledge sharing basis.
- Demonstrate understanding of and work to discipline specific procedures.
- Subject Matter Expertise:
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Provide discipline support to the business.
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution.
- Deputising for Lead as required.
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct
- Executing assigned personal objectives.
- Management of third-party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery.
- Carry out survey and answer site queries.
- Review and check the work of design team.
- Ensure work is completed on Schedule and within budget.
- Assist in the preparation of CTR’s and man-hour estimates.
- Attend meetings as and when required.
- Assist procurement and project engineering personnel in the procurement of equipment and materials.
- Liaise with other disciplines on design, construction, fabrication and commissioning issues.
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc, BEng or equivalent.
- 14+ year of relevant experience in oil & gas industry.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Instrument engineering design.
- Thorough awareness of relevant international codes and standards.
- Experience in Field Instrument & Valves (Safety Valves, Shutdown Valves, Control Valves) Technical Bid Evaluation and Vendor package management.
- Experience of ICSS (PCS, SIS, FGS) preferably Emerson Delta V System.
- Experience in brownfield jobs and FEED jobs
- Experience in EPC jobs.
- Worked in a PMC role earlier. (Preferable)
- Experience of the application of HAZOP, HAZID and SIL.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good Oral and Communication skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills/team player.
- Proficient in the use of SPI (INtools), Flow Meter and Control Valve Sizing Software (InstruCalc, Fisher Valve Specification etc.) and MS-OFFICE.
- Able to demonstrate team working skills.
Core Values and Behaviours:
- Practice company core values, policies and compliance with Ethics Policy. Has an awareness of the company leadership framework.
- Always interact with team members in a positive and professional manner.
- Demonstrate a basic level of competence in the application of standards, processes and procedures and how they are used in work execution.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Competent in own discipline to provide support to the business.
- Demonstrate current knowledge with industry and technology development within discipline.
- Demonstrate continual professional development.
- Communication in written and spoken forms.
- Ability to plan and organise their work scope.
- Accept responsibility for their work scope and activities.
- Good work ethic and “attention to detail” qualities.
- Must have a pleasant and approachable manner, with enthusiasm for challenging schedules.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!