Position: Senior Legal and Compliance Specialist
Reporting To: Legal and Compliance Manager
Duty Station: Baghdad branch office
Responsibilities of the Job:
- Renew company documents with the Companies Registrar.
- Provide support in obtaining Social Security and Corporate Income Tax clearances.
- Apply for and acquire an import ID from the Ministry of Trade/State Company for the Baghdad International Fair.
- Obtain an import license from the Ministry of Oil.
- Follow up on and obtain trademarks registration certificates and letters from the Ministry of Industry/Trademark office.
- Obtain necessary business activity licenses from relevant offices (e.g., labor office/industry services).
- Handle the submission and renewal of visa, residency permissions, and ID for company expatriates.
- Transfer company assets, including vehicles, at the traffic police department.
- Visit the labor office to secure work permits and address labor-related matters.
- Manage company legal issues with the Customs Department in Baghdad.
- Act as the company’s legal representative for interacting with governmental entities and seeking legal support.
- Obtain company identification documents, such as Tax ID renewal and Traffic Entry Badge ID.
- Acquire any additional licenses required for company operations and manage their renewal.
- Conduct compliance training for company staff and ensure adherence to laws and regulations.
- Monitor compliance, enforce policies, review contracts, and perform administrative duties to ensure regulatory compliance and support effective operations.
- Provide legal study, conduct periodical searches on newly enacted laws and proposed bills to Iraqi Legislator, and advice in-house as required.
- Any other related task required for the company’s operation.
- Bachelor’s degree in law.
- At least 3 years in a similar role.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Iraqi nationality.
- Legal experience in corporate and commercial matters.
- Ability to solve problems, analytical, and business intelligence skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, adhering to logistics, timescales, and deadlines.
- IT literate – Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organizational skills, delivering on deadlines and to budget.
- Self-motivation and initiative.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Address Toyota Iraq, Japanese Town, AlSaydiyah, Baghdad