Position: Senior Legal and Compliance Specialist
Reporting To: Legal and Compliance Manager
Duty Station: Erbil branch office
Responsibilities of the Job:
- Renew company documents with the Companies Registrar.
- Provide support in obtaining Social Security and Corporate Income Tax clearances.
- Obtain company identification documents and necessary business activity licenses from relevant office, such as Applying for and acquiring an import ID from the Ministry of Trade, and import license from the Ministry of Interior. Acquire any additional licenses required for company operations and manage their renewal.
- Follow up on and obtain trademark registration certificates and letters from the Ministry of Trade/Trademark office.
- Handle the submission and renewal of visa, residency permissions, and ID for company expatriates.
- Transfer company assets, including vehicles, at the traffic police department.
- Visit the labor office to secure work permits and address labor-related matters.
- Manage company legal issues with the Customs Department.
- Act as the company’s legal representative for interacting with governmental entities and seeking legal support.
- Conduct compliance training for company staff and ensure adherence to laws and regulations.
- Monitor compliance, enforce policies, review contracts, manage contracts tracking, and perform administrative duties to ensure regulatory compliance and support effective operations.
- Provide legal study, conduct periodical searches on newly enacted laws and proposed bills to Iraqi & and Kurdistan legislators, and advice in-house as required.
- Any other related task required for the company’s operation.
- Bachelor’s degree in law.
- At least 3 years in a similar role.
- Fluency in Kurdish, English, and Arabic.
- Iraqi nationality.
- Legal experience in corporate and commercial matters.
- Ability to solve problems, analytical, and business intelligence skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Kurdish, English and Arabic.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, adhering to logistics, timescales, and deadlines.
- IT literate – Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Attention to detail.
- Organizational skills, delivering to deadlines.
- Self-motivation and initiative.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Address Toyota Iraq, Mosul Road, Erbil