Sr. Network Optimization Engineer is responsible for ensuring the maximum possible service availability and performance for the company’s customer-facing ISP services and network. Develops, plans, and implements the overall strategic goals of a company’s network system. Evaluates and recommends changes to current and future network requirements to meet the company’s needs. The Lead Engineer position handles tickets and tasks with more complex networking requests than tasks handled by the Network Planning and Optimization Engineer.
- Work trouble and change tickets effectively and efficiently; Interact with different departments,
Vendors, staff to facilitate quick resolution of issues in accordance with established processes.
- Act as last escalation point for complex technical Network faults to ensure quick and effective resolutions.
- Ensure stable and reliable ISP network services (e.g. access products, service networks)
- Handle Day-to-day network performance monitoring.
- Handle Trouble ticket generation and response; carrier interface and escalations.
- Ensure 100% network analysis and reporting tools.
- Ensure Application of configuration changes via our change management systems and processes.
- Handle supervising Installation of network hardware and software.
- Design, plan, and manage network changes and technically support implemented network.
- Developing and/or reviewing technical network implementation plans
- Develop network capacity plans and sizing recommendations based on forecasts from marketing.
- Handle tasks related to Upgrade of Network if reaching capacity.
- Identify any faults in the networks.
- Evaluate the network implementation changes to support the growth and stability of the core network.
- Implement customer and network change activities as prescribed.
- Document network designs.
- Study and plan for new sites.
- Prepare weekly reports as requested from Management.
- Suggesting and Requesting for fiber / Wireless connections (adding new connections or update the existing)
- Understand the related standards, specifications, and physical layout of the network technology in use in order to properly plan any networking issues.
- Building network interface, switches, routers…etc.
- Designing networks at the local area, wide area or infrastructure level.
- Identify/evaluate appropriate technologies and solutions to meet the current and future requirements of the market.
- Engage with customer technical staff to define their requirements and incorporate the same into the overall network design.
- Coordinate with customer technical team and other local stakeholders on identification and acquisition of suitable sites for deployment of equipment aggregation sites.
- Coordinate cross-functionally on all activities related to implementation including communications and engagement with equipment suppliers and contractors.
- Provide support to cross functional teams for all network handover activities.
- Manage and define tools for network planning and delivery.
- Excellent technical acumen and a strong sense of focus, organization, meticulous attention to detail and proven ability to guide others to deliver outstanding results in a timely manner.
- Responsible for network planning in terms of connectivity, Coverage , Bandwidth availability and Optimization.
- Responsible for decide Site Type and Bandwidth saving appliances .
- Responsible to improve cost saving with service providers and ensure service quality (local and international.
- Responsible to manage communication with CDN providers ( local / international ) in terms of expansion and distribution .
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Must have CCDP