Role: Senior Optimization Petroleum Engineer
Department/Function Subsurface – Data Science Team
Location: Basra, Iraq
Duration: 12 months
The purpose of the role is to find optimization opportunities by leveraging the use of petroleum engineering skills, inhouse built tools (PROSPER, GAP, IVM) and the collaboration with other subsurface and operations teams. Main optimization focus will be on ensuring that the well stock is for naturally flowing and ESP wells are running to the confirmed optimum setpoint. The role holder will be focused on daily, weekly and monthly optimization processes – bringing together multiple different disciplines to affect a positive change in the field.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Deep understanding of field optimisation concepts.
• Understand the Oil Allocation process, overall production and strategies.
• Petroleum engineer skills and ability to use tools to optimize the production and performance of the wells. In specific: Wells and network modelling: a well by well optimization followed up by the overall impact to the whole system. It is required a good knowledge of PETEX software (PROSPER and GAP).
• The candidate needs to be able to work and communicate with other departments in the organization (Operation, Wells, Production team and reservoir teams) both locally (in Basra) and abroad, so a good level of English is essential.
• Participation to meetings, with the ability to interact and present, if required.
Criteria & Qualifications
• Essential education: University Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
• Petroleum Experience: At least 10+ years in an Oil and Gas producer company. At least 5 years’ specifically in optimisation and production performance.
• Strong communication skills with ability to work within a multicultural environment.
• Languages: Fluent in English, (Arabic is a bonus)
• Knowledge of Standard Petroleum Engineering Applications (PROSPER, GAP, etc.)
• Knowledge of Data Science is a plus.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.