Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for a Senior PACO Engineer(Instrumentation & Controls) to strengthen our team in Basra,daily base 6/1 .
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development
- Provide discipline support to the business
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution
- Deputising for Lead as required
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports
- Executing assigned personal objectives
- Management of third-party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery
- Carry out survey, carryout markup of the drawings, prepare report and respond to site queries
- Review and check the work of design team
- Ensure work is completed on Schedule and within budget
- Assist in the preparation of CTR’s and man-hour estimates
- Attend meetings as and when required
- Assist procurement and project engineering personnel in the procurement of equipment and materials
- Liaise with other disciplines on design, construction, fabrication, and commissioning issues
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc,Bachelor in Engineering or equivalent
- 6+ year of relevant experience in oil & gas industry
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Instrument and control engineering
- Awareness of relevant international codes and standards
- Experience in brownfield, FEED or EPC jobs
- Able to specify and produce deliverables for field Instrument & valves (Safety Valves, Shutdown Valves, Control Valves, Flow Meters)
- Working knowledge of ICSS (PCS, SIS, FGS) and programmable logic controllers
- Experience in technical bid evaluation and vendor package management for field instrument and valves
- Experience of FAT, SAT or field experience will be an added advantage
- Able to prepare and check data sheet, cable schedule, cause & effect diagrams, typical installation, and hook-up diagrams.
- Working experience in SPI (INtools), flow meter and control valve sizing software (InstruCalc, Fisher Valve Specification etc.) will be an added advantage
- Must be proficient with MS-OFFICE software suite
- Able to demonstrate team working skills
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.Must have good interpersonal skills/team player.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!