Join our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Senior Piping & Pipeline Engineer on a Year basis based in Halfaya, Iraq.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
- We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
- Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Perform in-process inspections during all phases of all piping and pipeline work (metallic and non-metallic) from receipt inspection till commissioning & handover.
- Should be well conversant with Piping and Pipeline Design codes w.r.t. construction and QA/QC requirements
- Quality checks on equipment during initial storage and after site installation to confirm that all required conservation is being performed.
- Check pre-fabrication, erection, lowering, backfilling, and surveying of Piping & As Built Pipelines
- Check the correct type and sequence of fastening is performed on flanges.
- Participate in pre-commissioning, commissioning & pigging inspections/testing & punch list preparation.
- Participation in Pre-start up Safety reviews for the Projects.
- Provide technical direction and implement the project construction work processes, procedures, manuals and systems ensuring the contractors are building to the latest revision of the drawings, specifications and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all company statutory procedures, quality & safety standards including any defined recording and reporting procedures
- Monitor and perform technical audits, in progress inspections, testing and surveillance activities to ensure that project quality requirements are being met.
- Perform front-end activities supporting the development and implementation of material inspection and control system.
- Supervises completion Management by contractors including hydrotest packs, system identification and turnover of completed project facilities including preparation of necessary turnover documentation.
- Perform constructability reviews and studies to optimize design. Propose modifications to engineering design and interpret drawings, specifications, and other technical documents for the subcontractors.
- Coordinate with and support construction vendor representatives during their assignments on the jobsite
- Monitor Request for Inspection (RFI) process of contractors and carry out inspection within scheduled time as per contractor notifications.
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as daily status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement, calculations, etc.
- Able to provide purpose engineering solutions to construction issues.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 12 years in relevant experience in Petrochemical or Oil & Gas design / project/construction in a similar position
- Preferably working with an international PMC or EPC company
- GRE Pipeline/Piping construction supervision experience is added advantage.
- Previous construction (field) engineering and inspection experience
- Adequate knowledge and practical applications, international specifications, codes, and standards concerning to mechanical and piping.
- Excellent English language communication skills in verbal and written briefs and skilled in report writing and compilation.
- Work to the highest personal standards and achieve set objectives.
- Proven experience with diverse and multi-cultural teams is essential.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.