Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Piping Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. There is no rotation associated with this position and as such, we can only consider applications from local Iraqi nationals residing in Basra and surrounding areas.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- To produce and verify piping engineering and design deliverables as and when required
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up
- To provide technical support to site as required
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to Piping engineering and design
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required .
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in an Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 7-10 years piping design engineering experience in the oil and gas industries.
- Onshore Oil and Gas related design experience.
- Familiarity with International Design Guidelines and Standards.
- A determination to continually improve safety in all aspects of plant design and operation.
- Exposure to typical software packages (Auto Cad / PDMS / Micro station / PDS) that are used in piping engineering and design.
- Extensive Brown field and Green field experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Proven capability in an engineering design company.
- Experience of site-based project work involving field engineering and understanding of construction, commissioning, operations, or maintenance relativity is preferred.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!