Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Process Safety Engineer on a 4/4 rotation located in Basra, Iraq.
- Establish and communicate to the rest of the project team, the applicable legislation, codes, and standards to be complied with
- Supervise, direct and control the Technical Safety work including the preparation of associated plans and review of design philosophies, reports, specifications, drawings and data sheets
- Establish from Client Safety Management System the design bases and philosophies for safety, fire and explosion protection, fire detection, heating and ventilation systems and to coordinate / monitor work related to these functions developed by the process, piping, instruments, electrical, architects and structural disciplines
- Be familiar with all relevant Departmental Procedures and ensure that any deviations from these procedures and discussed with the Manager, Safety / Environmental Engineering
- Control and adhere to programme and man-hour control requirements
- Provide adequate notice of required changes to staffing levels to Manager, Safety / Environmental Department
- Liaise requirements to be met for other disciplines, coordination team, and Client
- Initiate and monitor Quality Assurance requirements of project procedure
- Attend regular design review meetings with Project Engineers and Lead Engineers and to ensure that safety aspects are properly coordinated and understood by all members of the project team
- Read, understand and implement the Company Safety Policy and the arrangements described in the Company and area Safety Management
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in major oil / gas projects in a similar position
- A degree in Chemical Engineering
- Must have executed major refinery projects as the lead or senior process safety engineer for detailed engineering with an engineering contractor / PMC organization
- Must be fully knowledgeable about codes, standards and recommended practices for Process Safety Management
- Must have handled independently plot plan reviews, HAZOP, HAZAN and safety reviews and made significant contributions therein and ensure that the facilities to be constructed will be safe to operate and maintain
- Knowledge of local / owners’ safety regulations will be essential to further verify that these are fully incorporated in the plant design
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!